Spring-Loaded LVIT Linear Position Sensor
June 2, 2020 | By MRO Magazine
G. Schaevitz LLC, Alliance Sensors GHS-19 series of spring-loaded linear variable inductive transducer (LVIT) gaging sensors are contactless devices for dimensional gaging and position measurements.
GHS-19 features include:
- Drop-in replacement for spring-loaded LVDTs, with same connector and pinouts;
- 19 millimetres diameter aluminum or stainless-steel body with1/2-20 mounting thread;
- stroke-to-length ratio that has shorter housings;
- Full scale ranges from 13 to 100 mm;
- One pound (0.45 kgf) maximum tip force; and
- Contactless operation.
They are offered with a PT02A-10-6P. Operating from a variety of DC voltages, they are available with a choice of one of four analog outputs, and they all include ASG’s proprietary SenSet field calibration feature.
The sensors can be used in factory automation and industrial and commercial applications, including automotive testing, mil/aero test stands, robotic arms, and packaging equipment.