ADDING MULTIMEDIA Efficient Drivetrains, Inc. Delivers Zero Emissions Vehicles to Reduce Pollution at the World’s Busiest Container Port
By Business Wire News
Efficient Drivetrains, Inc. (EDI), a global leader in advanced high-efficiency zero emissions hybrid and electric drivetrain solutions, today announced their newest clean energy innovation—a fleet of PHEV trucks for the Port of Shanghai built in collaboration with one of the world’s largest truck manufacturers, Shaanxi Automotive.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150824005630/en/
EDI’s PHEV Port Truck built for Shaanxi Automotive and the Port of Shanghai (Photo: Business Wire)
The government of China is currently aggressively asserting mandates and regulations to improve air quality and reduce emissions, putting increasing pressure on city officials. Shanghai in particular is working toward the country’s emissions reduction goals, emulating best practices of the State of California to drive toward better air quality. A large area of concern is their port, where heavy-duty trucks are used to move shipping containers and transfer large crates during shifts that run the fuel engine as long as 20 to 22 hours a day without stopping. The idling vehicles produce noise, fumes and heavy levels of emissions, all of which are eliminated with the use of EDI’s PHEV trucks specifically designed for port conditions.
- Efficient Drivetrains, Inc. is introducing a PHEV port truck capable of operating at 99,000 pounds gross vehicle weight (GVW) with electrified vehicle accessories—including air conditioning and heating—allowing the use of accessories for driver comfort without idling the engine.
- Shaanxi is forecasting acquiring up to 200 PHEV Port trucks over the course of 2016
- The PHEV port truck provides all-electric zero emissions driving capability as well as parallel and series hybrid operation.
- EDI’s PHEV port trucks will be used to replace conventional fuel vehicles of the same specifications with significant fuel saving and emissions reduction while still maintaining the same power and performance.
“In support of China’s mandates to reduce vehicle emissions and improve air quality, we are proud to deliver a heavy-duty zero emissions truck specifically engineered for use at China’s busiest port. We will continue our commitment to help the country meet its aggressive emissions reductions goals and look forward to future green vehicle projects.”
-Joerg Ferchau, CEO, Efficient Drivetrains, Inc.
“EDI is uniquely positioned to develop technology for many applications given our modular drivetrain architecture and control software. In this instance we’re able to electrify port vehicles weighing nearly 45 tons when carrying cargo, therefore reducing the use of conventional fuel vehicles at Shanghai’s port and moving the city towards a cleaner air future.”
-Joe Lin, Director of Engineering, Efficient Drivetrains, Inc.
- EDI vehicle solutions: http://efficientdrivetrains.com/solutions.html
- EDI drivetrain solution: http://www.efficientdrivetrains.com/solutions-drivetrains.html
- EDI on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/efficient-drivetrains
- EDI on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/efficientdrivetrains
Efficient Drivetrains, Inc. (EDI) develops and markets a range of state-of-the-art proprietary drivetrain products and technologies that have direct application in PHEVs, HEVs, and BEVs worldwide. EDI’s leading-edge hybrid-electric drivetrain systems and technologies enable zero-emissions driving and provide significant cost and efficiency advantages for parallel and series hybrid drivetrain architectures across nearly all platform classes and configurations. EDI is currently active in automotive projects throughout North America and the APAC region. Visit www.efficientdrivetrains.com for more information.
for Efficient Drivetrains, Inc.
Kristal Ferchau, +1-408-213-9568