Seiko Instruments (SII) Releases High Accuracy Digital Temperature Sensor IC with Thermostat Function
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
Seiko Instruments Inc. (SII) announced the release of the S-5852 Series, featuring both digital output with I2C interface for continuous temperature monitoring as well as a thermostat function (temperature switch) to signal out of range temperature conditions. Customers can set the upper and lower limit values of the temperature range.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150824005382/en/
Seiko Instruments Releases High Accuracy Digital Temperature Sensor IC with Thermostat Function (Photo: Business Wire)
For the temperature monitoring, typical digital temperature sensor ICs require a microcontroller to read temperature information at all times via a digital interface. The S-5852 Series has the added thermostat function in addition to the digital output, which can send a detection signal via an independent pin in the event of an out of range temperature condition. This dual temperature monitoring control enables simplifying systems and securing temperature control. Typical applications include temperature management of SSD, HDD, tablet PCs, and HEMS.
The S-5852A Series offers low voltage operation of 1.7V, high temperature accuracy of ±0.5°C, and a wide operating temperature range of −40°C to +125°C making this part suitable for both battery operated applications and line powered applications. Two thermostat output modes are available: a dual trip mode (that can set upper and lower limit values of the temperature range) and a single trip mode (that can set the upper limit value of the temperature range). Customers can set these values to their required levels.
The specifications are as follows:
- Temperature accuracy ±0.5°C typ.
- Temperature resolution: 0.5°C, 0.25°C, 0.125°C, 0.0625°C
- Temperature sample rate: 7 samples / s min.
- Selectable hysteresis width: No hysteresis, 1.5°C, 3.0°C, 6.0°C
- Current consumption:
Shutdown mode: 0.3 μA typ.
Active mode: 40 μA typ.
- Operation voltage range: 1.7V to 3.6V
- Operation frequency: 1.0 MHz max. (2.2V to 3.6V), 400 kHz max. (1.7V to 2.2V)
- Thermostat function: Dual trip mode, single trip mode, OFF (Selectable by the configuration register)
- Noise suppression: Schmitt trigger and noise filter on input pins (SCL, SDA)
- Operation temperature range: −40°C to +125°C
- Package: HSNT-8(2030)
Seiko Instruments Inc. (SII):