Humber College virtual MMP graduation
Humber College hosted its virtual version of the MMP graduation, featuring PEMA 208 – Capstone Presentations.
Presenter Brian Malloch kicked off the event by introducing guests and offered a brief overview of the MMP program. He also spoke about how the PEMAC MMP is now aligned with the Barrett Centre of Technology Innovation at Humber.
The graduating class was comprised of maintenance and asset management professionals from companies such as Canadian Tire Distribution, Sonofi-Pasteur Pharmaceuticals, Arcelor-Mittal, FedEx, Trillium Health Partners, SHW, Canada Post, and two food production companies.
There were nine presentations in total:
- Christine Abejo – Simmons Pet Foods, Mississauga, Ont.
- Renato Pena – FedEx Ground
- Anthony Mwangi – Arcelor Mittal (Tailored Blanks Division)
- Vishal Vardhan – Arcelor Mittal (Long Products Canada Division)
- Andy Jones – Canadian Tire Distribution
- Adolfo Carcamo – Sonofi
- Daryl Dupreez – Trillium Health Partners (THP), maintenance team for their three Mississauga hospitals.
- Sajeevan Jeevakarmn – SHW (German-Based automotive pump manufacturing in Brampton)
- Shemroy Manning – Canada Post – Toronto, South-Central Letter Processing Plant
Each presenter was accompanied by a member of their senior leadership teams, and Cindy Snedden, executive director, PEMAC, offered a summary after the Q&A session.
“Each of the presenters last evening was genuinely proud to showcase their companies and their individual contributions to sustainable success of their operations,” said Malloch. “I have known several of them from classes over the past three to five years. Their focus on their contributions as been consistently unwavering.”