Technology Breakthroughs in Food Encapsulation Report 2016 – Enhancing Functionality by Increasing Nutrient Bioavailability – Research and Markets
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the “Technology Breakthroughs in Food Encapsulation (TechVision)” report to their offering.
Technology Breakthroughs in Food Encapsulation (TechVision) focuses on the various food encapsulation techniques and recent research developments and industry initiatives across various encapsulation technologies. It also contains a mapping of the encapsulation technologies to various food products and contains an detailed roadmap of food encapsulation technologies.
The recent advances in the food industry focus on offering a sustained approach to the development of healthier functional foods. Food encapsulation helps food processors protect sensitive food components, ensure against nutritional loss, utilize otherwise sensitive ingredients, incorporate unusual or time-release mechanisms into their formulations, mask or preserve flavors and aromas, and transform liquids into easily handled solid ingredients. With the demand for healthier food increasing every year, food encapsulation is becoming a strong tool to be explored and developed on a global scale as it can provide the controlled release of functional ingredients at the right place and at the right time.
Key drivers and challenges that impact the adoption of food encapsulation
– The growing interest in processed and functional foods and healthier eating habits drive the encapsulation technology industry as they offer opportunities for the development of more evolved functional food.
– High startup and maintenance costs and the lack of awareness among key industry participants are the main challenges in the implementation of encapsulation technology.
Regulation scenario in the food encapsulation industry
– Stringent regulations in terms of the materials to be used for encapsulation limit the utilization of a wide range of available sources; however, this can lead to the development of new, innovative, and renewable materials.
– The use of nanoparticles in food production is not specifically covered under any international regulation and legislation, therefore require a safety assessment prior to marketing.
Market trends and demand for food encapsulation
– Consumers prefer tasty, healthy, and convenient food products. These require the implementation of encapsulation technology in the manufacturing process due to their ability to provide new platforms to enhance bioavailability, stability,and the delivery efficiency of bioactive molecules to the targeted site, either in the food matrix or the body.
Top technology trends in food encapsulation
– Nanoencapsulation technology is considered a promising tool that will positively impact the food industry.
– Renewable materials as food encapsulates that are highly versatile and easily fabricated
– Electrospinning in food encapsulation acts as a novel delivery system due to its versatility, It can be performed at room temp and is able to produce matrices in the micro to nano range.
Growth opportunities for the food encapsulation technologies
– As scientists and developers are looking for specific solutions to meet market needs, significant research and tech developments are taking place in the food encapsulation space.
– Nanotechnologies is expected to impact all aspects of the food chain, from production (agriculture, livestock farming, pisciculture) to processing, packaging, storage, distribution, and sales.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Introduction to Encapsulation
3. Food Encapsulation- An Overview
4. Technology Overview
5. Industry Overview
6. Patent Landscape
7. Technology Roadmapping
8. Key Patents
9. Key Contacts
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8rnhnb/technology.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716