Silego Introduces New GFET3 Integrated Power Switches and Advances the State-of-the Art in Low RDSON, High-Current Performance
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
SANTA CLARA, Calif.
Silego Technology, a developer of highly configurable and cost-effective mixed signal products, today announced an expansion of its state-of-the-art portfolio with a new family of high-performance, GFET3 integrated power switches. Operating from 2.5 V to 5.5 V supplies, these new single-channel GFET3 nFET integrated power switches were designed for all high-side, 0.8 V to 5.5 V power rail applications. Using Silego’s proprietary MOSFET design IP, these new feature-rich integrated power switches maintain an ultra-stable 4 mΩ RDSON across the applied input voltage range and over temperature. Applying Silego’s proprietary CuFET™ technology, Silego’s design engineers deftly packaged these new products in low thermal-resistance footprints for high-current operation.
The SLG59M1714V – the flagship of these four new products – incorporates a 15-mΩ, back-to-back reverse block nFET arrangement for those applications where VOUT-to-VIN backfeed current to the VIN power source is to be avoided. In addition, the SLG59M1714V’s IOUT feature offers substantial system BOM cost/pcb savings by eliminating the need for an external current shunt resistor, a difference/level-shifting amplifier and associated passive components to measure directly FET current.
Designed to operate over a -40°C to 85°C range, all four products are available in RoHS-compliant STQFN-16 packaging.
Silego’s newest additions to its industry-leading GFET3 products include:
|SLG59M1714V||15 mΩ||4||X||X||MOSFET IDS||X|
Key features included in this new family of high-performance, GFET3 high-current power control products are:
- High-performance, low-leakage nFET MOSFETs
- Non reverse block: 4 mΩ
- Back-to-back reverse-block: 15 mΩ
- Built-in, System-level Features
- Fixed and External Capacitor-programmable Inrush Current Control
- Two-level Current-limit Protection:
- Fixed and External Resistor-programmable Active Current Limit (ACL)
- Fixed Short-circuit Current (SCL)
- Thermal Shutdown with Automatic Restart
- Fast VOUT Discharge
- Open-drain FAULT Signaling (selected part numbers)
- MOSFET IDS Analog Current (selected part numbers)
Targeted applications addressed by these new GFET3 devices include:
- General-purpose, High-side, High-current Power-Rail Control:
- Notebook/Laptop/Tablet PCs
- Low-voltage Application Processor Power Control
- Portable Products Powered from 1SxP Li-ion Sources
- Solid-state Drives (SSDs)
- WLAN Modules and Cards
- Set-top Boxes
- High-definition Digital Cameras
- Routers/Switches/Other Enterprise Networking Equipment
- Servers/Other Enterprise Computing Equipment
Available immediately, please contact Silego’s customer service team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website: http://www.silego.com for pricing, samples, datasheets and additional technical information about these new and other high-performance integrated power switches in Silego’s GFET3 product portfolio.
About Silego – The CMIC Company
Silego Technology is a fabless semiconductor company creating configurable mixed-signal integrated circuits, or CMICs, which enable a paradigm shift in the way that hardware engineers design their systems. The Company’s CMICs integrate analog, digital logic, mixed-signal and power functions while eliminating passive and discrete components. The Company’s CMICs enable original equipment manufacturers, or OEMs, in high-volume applications to deliver cost-effectively their hardware products to market faster and with greater design flexibility. The Company’s scalable CMIC platform is comprised of its configurable ICs, its proprietary design software, and its development kits. More at www.silego.com.
For media information, please contact:
Silego WW MarCom Manager