Research and Markets: Strategic Analysis of Future Adoption of Advanced Vehicle Features in ASEAN to 2020 – Electric Power Steering, Anti-lock Braking System, and Key-less Entry Systems to Become Standard Fitments
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/q7w7m2/strategic) has announced the addition of the “Strategic Analysis of Future Adoption of Advanced Features in ASEAN” report to their offering.
This research service gives an overview of the adoption of advanced vehicle features in ASEAN by 2020. It discusses penetration of powertrain technologies, chassis technologies, telematics technologies, safety technologies, and accessories in the three key ASEAN automotive markets of Malaysia, Indonesia, and Thailand during 2014-2020. The study includes an executive summary, ASEAN automotive market outlook, penetration of features in the ASEAN market, unit shipment forecasts by vehicle segments in Malaysia, unit shipment forecasts by vehicle segments in Indonesia, unit shipment forecasts by vehicle segments in Thailand, and feature analysis of vehicles in the ASEAN market.
– National car makers will continue to lead the Malaysian market while Japanese car makers, such as Toyota and Honda, will continue to lead the market in Indonesia and Thailand.
– By 2020, the adoption of advanced features, such as EPS and KE systems, and safety features, such as ABS and front A/B, are expected to become standard fitments across vehicle segments in the ASEAN market.
– The ESC safety feature is likely to continue to have limited penetration in ASEAN till 2020. VVT penetration in petrol vehicles is likely to be high in Malaysia and Indonesia while it is expected to be limited in pick-ups focused in Thailand.
– By 2020, disc brakes are likely to have high preference in ASEAN in sedans and sports utility vehicles (SUVs) while both disc and drum brakes are expected to have equal penetration in passenger cars and pick-ups.
– CVT is expected to gradually replace AT in ASEAN by 2020. MT penetration is expected to remain stable and will continue to be in demand, especially in the pick-ups segment in Indonesia and Thailand.
– Other advanced features, such as navigation systems, connectivity, GDI systems, SSS, and HEV, are expected to continue to have low penetration in ASEAN till 2020 and will be seen primarily in premium vehicles.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. ASEAN Automotive – Outlook
3. ASEAN Market – Penetration of Features
4. Unit Shipment Forecast by Vehicle Segments – Malaysia
5. Unit Shipment Forecast by Vehicle Segments – Indonesia
6. Unit Shipment Forecast by Vehicle Segments – Thailand
7. ASEAN Market – Feature Analysis of Vehicles
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/q7w7m2/strategic
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Auto Manufacturing