Research and Markets: Global and Chinese Wind Turbine Blade Industry Report, 2015-2017
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9kvgc2/global_and) has announced the addition of the “Global and Chinese Wind Turbine Blade Industry Report, 2015-2017” report to their offering.
China’s wind power industry gradually came out of the 2011 & 2012 slowdowns from 2013 on, and witnessed rapid growth in 2014 with full-year erected wind power equipment capacity of 23,196MW, up 44.2% from a year ago, reaching a new record.
As the wind power industry heats up rapidly, wind turbine blades are much sought after in the market. In 2014, China needed about 13,000 sets of wind turbine blades, while it was capable of manufacturing only 11,000 sets.
During the 13th Five-Year Plan period (2016-2020), China will add more than 100 million kW of wind power capacity, creating an estimated annual average demand of over 14,000 sets of wind turbine blades.
Wind turbine blades, one of the key parts of wind turbines, accounts for about 22% of total costs. Blade materials make up more than 90% of the manufacturing costs of the blades. Wind turbine blade materials now include mainly glass fiber reinforced polyester resin, glass fiber reinforced epoxy resin, and carbon fiber reinforced epoxy resin, with the middle one finding the widest applications. As blade materials become ultra-large and lightweight, carbon fiber reinforced epoxy resin will be vigorously developed and used in the future.
At present, most of the major large wind turbine manufacturers in the world produce blades by themselves, like Siemens, Vestas, and Gamesa. The world’s largest independent wind turbine blade manufacturer is LM Wind Power, whose blades are installed in 1/3 of global wind turbines. By the end of 2014, LM Wind Power had set up 13 wind turbine blade production bases around the globe, of which 3 factories were located in China, separately in Tianjin, Qinhuangdao, and Jiangyin.
After years of intense competition among Chinese wind turbine blade companies, capacity tends to converge. Over 30 manufacturers now can supply goods in batches, and several firms including Sinoma Science & Technology, AVIC Huiteng Windpower Equipment, and Lianyungang Zhongfu Lianzhong Composites Group take the lion’s share.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Introduction to Wind Turbine Blade
2. Development of Global Wind Turbine Blade Industry
3. Development of Wind Turbine Blade Industry in China
4. Chinese Wind Turbine Blade Materials Market
5. Status Quo of China’s Wind Power Industry
6. Key Wind Turbine Blade Manufacturers Worldwide
7. Major Chinese Wind Turbine Blade Manufacturers
8. Summary and Forecast
– AVIC Huiteng Windpower Equipment
– Dongfang Electric (Tianjin) Wind Blade Engineering
– Energine Wind Power Equipment
– Guodian United Power Technology
– Inox Wind
– Jilin Chongtong Chengfei New Material
– LM Wind Power
– Lianyungang Zhongfu Lianzhong Composites Group
– Ming Yang Wind Power
– Miracle Automation Engineering
– Sany Electric
– Shanghai Aeolon Wind Energy Technology Development
– Shanghai FRP Research Institute
– Sino-wind Energy
– Sinoma Science & Technology
– TPI Composites
– Zhuzhou Times New Material Technology
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9kvgc2/global_and.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For EST Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Metals and Minerals, Wind Power, Turbines