Popularity of Fiberglass Ladders to Boost Growth of Global Warehouse Ladder Market, says Technavio
By Business Wire News
The research report is titled “Global Warehouse Ladders Market 2016-2020” and provides an in-depth analysis of both revenue and emerging market trends. The research report also includes up to date analysis and forecast estimates for various market segments and geographical regions.
Request Sample Report: http://goo.gl/JIYDNP
The report states that the global warehouse ladders market is expected to grow at a steady rate during the forecast period owing to a global increase in the number of warehouses and storage facilities and the rising number of outsourced warehouse activities. The popularity of fiberglass ladders is increasing and now makes up more than 50% of ladders in the US. The rise of fiberglass ladders is another major factor contributing to the market’s growth rate.
The global warehouse ladder market is segmented into three material types:
The fiberglass and aluminum segments dominate the global warehouse ladders market, consisting of almost 70% of the market share.
In addition to their increasing popularity, fiberglass ladders also hold the largest market share and are the fastest growing warehouse ladder segment. The global fiberglass warehouse ladders market was valued at USD 36 million in 2015 and is expected to reach USD 49 million by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 6%.
“Fiberglass is the most common material used in manufacturing ladders and the demand for such ladders will only increase due to the multiple advantages offered over their competitors,” said Technavio lead transportation and logistics research analyst Sriram Mohan.
These advantages include:
- High tensile strength: Fiberglass ladders are resistant to denting and twisting owing to the high tensile strength of this material.
- Durable: Fiberglass ladders are weather and rust resistant, making them ideal for applications like painting and decoration.
- Safety: Fiberglass is a bad conductor of electricity making fiberglass ladders safer to use in areas where they will have direct contact with a power supply.
- Lightweight: Fiberglass ladders can be easily transported from one area to another. The weight of a six-tread fiberglass platform stepladder is 25.13 pounds, whereas the same product in wood weighs 30.86 pounds.
Despite the aforementioned advantages, fiberglass cannot be used for manufacturing long extension ladders as the reinforcing fibers may get exposed after a period of time, resulting in a condition known as fiber bloom. Exposure to strong sunlight and high humidity can further accelerate the condition.
The global aluminum warehouse ladders market is also showing signs of strong growth. Valued at USD 37 million in 2015, the market is expected to reach nearly USD 47 million by 2020, growing at a CAGR of almost 5%. Aluminum ladders are used in the construction industry, warehouses and storage facilities because of the following advantages:
- The tensile strength of aluminum alloys is higher than other alloys such as steel
- Aluminum alloys are durable and resistant to oxidation
- The density of aluminum is about 50% less than iron and about 75% less than copper
Aluminum ladders have their weaknesses as well. They are not recommended to use in places where there are chances of contact with electricity as aluminum is a good conductor of electricity.
Top vendors covered in this report:
- TB Davies
- PW Platforms
- National Ladder & Scaffold
- Louisville Ladder
Browse Related Reports:
- Global Warehouse and Storage Smart Lock Market 2016-2020
- Pallet Market in the US 2016-2020
- Pallet Market in the US 2016-2020Material Handling Equipment Market in Europe 2015-2019
Purchase these three reports for the price of one by becoming a Technavio subscriber. Subscribing to Technavio’s reports allows you to download any three reports per month for the price of one. Contactenquiry@technavio.com with your requirements and a link to our subscription platform.
Technavio is a leading global technology research and advisory company. The company develops over 2000 pieces of research every year, covering more than 500 technologies across 80 countries. Technavio has about 300 analysts globally who specialize in customized consulting and business research assignments across the latest leading edge technologies.
Technavio analysts employ primary as well as secondary research techniques to ascertain the size and vendor landscape in a range of markets. Analysts obtain information using a combination of bottom-up and top-down approaches, besides using in-house market modeling tools and proprietary databases. They corroborate this data with the data obtained from various market participants and stakeholders across the value chain, including vendors, service providers, distributors, re-sellers, and end-users.
If you are interested in more information, please contact our media team at email@example.com.