New Stratasys Compact Dental 3D Printer Combines Versatility, Affordability and Quality for Smaller Dental Labs
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
MINNEAPOLIS & REHOVOT, Israel
Stratasys, Ltd. (Nasdaq:SSYS), a global leader of 3D printing and additive manufacturing solutions, introduces the Objet30 Dental Prime, a high quality, low cost 3D printer designed to allow smaller dental labs to produce a wide range of models and appliances in-house.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150901005361/en/
The compact, versatile Objet30 Dental Prime 3D Printer brings affordable digital dentistry to smaller dental and orthodontic labs. (Photo: Stratasys Ltd.)
While compact in size, the Objet30 Dental Prime is big in versatility, beginning with a choice of 3D print modes: High Quality and High Speed. The High Quality mode 3D prints models with superior surface finish and intricate, delicate features required for precise fittings on crown, bridge, and prosthetic models (in 16-micron layers). The High Speed mode 3D prints at accelerated speeds to produce orthodontic models and surgical guides with increased productivity (in 28-micron layers). Together, these two print modes enable smaller labs to produce a wide range of dental and orthodontic appliances in-house – changing the economies for smaller dental labs by increasing productivity, shortening delivery times and improving patient satisfaction.
The Objet30 Dental Prime’s versatility continues with a choice of three PolyJet 3D printing materials:
- VeroDentPlus (MED690) – dark beige material that offers excellent strength, accuracy and durability to create intricate models.
- Clear Bio-compatible (MED610) – medically approved for temporary in-mouth placement; essential for producing surgical guides and investment castings for chromium cobalt removable partial denture (RPD) frames.
- VeroGlaze (MED620) – opaque bio-compatible material with A2 shading designed to provide accurate color matching; ideal for veneer try-ins, diagnostic wax-ups and clear aligner trays.
By enabling smaller dental labs to produce their own models and appliances in-house, the Objet30 Dental Prime 3D Printer reduces the need for outsourcing and enables smaller labs to be more competitive.
“The introduction of the compact, versatile Objet30 Dental Prime 3D Printer continues Stratasys’ commitment to providing a variety of solutions to meet the different needs of dental and orthodontic labs, small and large. This addition to our entry-level desktop family brings superior-quality 3D printing available to all dental labs who want to provide competitive digital dentistry services to their clients,” said Steffen Mueller, General Manager, Dental Solutions at Stratasys.
Key applications for the Objet30 Dental Prime 3D Printer:
- Crown & Bridge Models. 16-micron layers provide a high level of accuracy and detail for crown and bridge (C&B) stone models.
- RPD Casting Patterns. Print casting patterns for removable partial dentures. Clear Bio-compatible material (MED610) can be used in the mouth and can also be investment cast for chromium cobalt RPD frames.
- Diagnostic Wax-Up. VeroGlaze(MED620) shading provides better aesthetics and is medically approved for temporary in-mouth placement, up to 24 hours.
- Surgical Guides. MED610 is the most widely used material for all 3D printed surgical guides.
- Veneer Try-In. VeroGlaze shading creates realistic veneer try-ins.
- Clear Aligners. VeroGlaze allows for cost-effective production of multiple-stage arches in the fabrication of clear aligner trays.
Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq:SSYS), headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota and Rehovot, Israel, is a leading global provider of 3D printing and additive manufacturing solutions. The company’s patented FDM® and PolyJet™ 3D Printing technologies produce prototypes and manufactured goods directly from 3D CAD files or other 3D content. Systems include 3D printers for idea development, prototyping and direct digital manufacturing. Stratasys subsidiaries include MakerBot and Solidscape, and the company operates the digital parts manufacturing service, Stratasys Direct Manufacturing. Stratasys has more than 3,000 employees, holds over 800 granted or pending additive manufacturing patents globally, and has received more than 30 awards for its technology and leadership. Online at: www.stratasys.comor http://blog.stratasys.com.
Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The statements in this press release relating to Stratasys’ beliefs regarding the benefits consumers will experience from the Objet30 Dental Prime 3D Printer and Stratasys’ expectation on the timing of shipping the Objet30 Dental Prime 3D Printer are forward-looking statements reflecting management’s current expectations and beliefs. These forward-looking statements are based on current information that is, by its nature, subject to rapid and even abrupt change. Due to risks and uncertainties associated with Stratasys’ business, actual results could differ materially from those projected or implied by these forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to: the risk that consumers will not perceive the benefits of the Objet30 Dental Prime 3D Printer to be the same as Stratasys does; the risk that unforeseen technical difficulties will delay the shipping of the Objet30 Dental Prime 3D Printer; and other risk factors set forth under the caption “Risk Factors” in Stratasys’ most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on March 3, 2015. Stratasys is under no obligation (and expressly disclaims any obligation) to update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as otherwise required by the rules and regulations of the SEC.
Stratasys and Objet are registered trademarks, and PolyJet and Objet30 Dental Prime are trademarks of Stratasys Ltd. and/or its subsidiaries or affiliates. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Attention Editors, if you publish reader-contact information, please use:
- USA +1-877-489-9449
- Europe/Middle East/Africa +49-7229-7772-0
- Asia Pacific +852-3944-8888
Stratasys Media Contacts
Jonathan Wake / Miguel Afonso
Arita Mattsoff / Joe Hiemenz
Tel. +972-(0)74-745-4000 (IL)
Tel. +1-952-906-2726 (US)