Molex Showcases Solutions for a Wide Range of Marine Electronic Applications
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
Molex, LLC brings a variety of harsh-duty interconnect solutions and other components that enable the latest marine electronics to the International BoatBuilders’ Exhibition (IBEX), September 15 – 17, 2015, Kentucky Exposition Center, Louisville, KY, booth 1158. The company will also conduct a live demonstration of its Woodhead® Watertite® Wet-Location Wiring Solutions, the first system in the industry to allow for a totally integrated watertight safety system with robust enclosures, plugs, receptacles, cover plates and GFCI modules. Visitors to the booth will see firsthand how these products safely provide operational electrical power even when submerged in water.
“Today’s connected boats employ a vast number of electronic systems that require proven power and signal connectivity despite extremely challenging environments,” said Kurt Krutsch, product marketing manager, Molex. “Molex has extensive expertise in designing interconnect solutions that excel in harsh conditions including extreme vibration, fluctuating temperatures and salt water exposure while also minimizing electrical malfunctions to enhance marine safety.”
Molex products that will be displayed at IBEX include:
- ML-XTTM Sealed Connection System: Rated IP68 and J2030 power-wash capable, the system features a one-piece plug housing and seal design which is permanently bonded using cutting-edge, two-shot LSR (liquid silicone rubber) molding technology.
- Woodhead Watertite Wet-Location Wiring Solutions: Molex has added three FD multiple outlet boxes with closure plugs and reducers to the product family. Constructed of rigid PVC, these outlet boxes are extremely durable and resistant to impact, chemicals and solvents.
- Mizu-P25™ Wire-to-Wire Connector System: At 2.50mm (.098”) pitch these connectors are the smallest to qualify to the IP67 standard and help boat builders implement wire-to-wire solutions in tight spaces while maintaining their integrity even when submersed in up to one meter of water.
- Brad® Industrial Ethernet Solutions: A rugged and complete Ethernet system with a variety of M12 D-coded, M12 Cat 6a X-coded and RJ-45 Ethernet products that exhibit superior resistance to water and high vibration.
- Sealed Industrial USB Solutions: The next-generation USB 3.0 panel-mount receptacles and overmolded cables deliver 5 Gbps data speeds, are IP67-rated and incorporate robust construction and protective features for harsh environments.
For more information about marine solutions from Molex, please visit www.molex.com/industry/commercial_vehicle.html.
About Molex, LLC
Providing more than connectors, Molex delivers complete interconnect solutions for a number of markets including: data communications, telecommunications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, commercial vehicle, aerospace and defense, medical, and lighting. Established in 1938, Molex is a global company with a presence in more than 40 countries. The Molex website is www.molex.com. Follow us at www.twitter.com/molexconnectors, watch our videos at www.youtube.com/molexconnectors, connect with us at www.facebook.com/molexconnectors and read our blog at www.connector.com.
Molex is a registered trademark of Molex, LLC.
Outlook Marketing Services
Senior Vice President
Americas Marketing Communications Manager