Bretford® Expands EDU 2.0 System of Agile, Powered Furniture for Educational Environments
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
In preparation for the 2015-2016 school year, Bretford Manufacturing, Inc.®, a U.S.-based manufacturer of technology-enabled furniture for 21st century learning and business environments, has expanded its EDU 2.0 system of smart and flexible furniture to include eight new tables in five different shapes. With these new additions, the EDU 2.0 line is now the most complete family of powered, agile furniture available in the industry. The new EDU 2.0 table designs will be shown for the first time in the Bretford booth (#2929) during ISTE, June 28-July 1 in Philadelphia and are ready for order in July 2015.
Created several years ago following a Bretford research project to discover the best ways to support technology in the changing learning spaces, the EDU 2.0 system is comprised of tables, desks, presenters, and seating products with countless power and design options. The EDU 2.0 system is targeted predominately for the K-12 setting in media centers, classrooms, student study commons, and any location where tables are reconfigured for individual, small group, or large group work.
“All of the products in our EDU 2.0 line are built to be flexible and support the many challenges that technology brings to education – each product is agile, smart, and different than other furniture,” said Dave Smith, product manager for Bretford Manufacturing, Inc. “The new tables are available in unique shapes that allow for basically limitless configuration options and with or without the built-in Juice® Power System so educators can set up the furniture to create the specific learning environment they need.”
The new EDU 2.0 tables include:
- EXPLORE® Quarter Round Flip and Nest and 4-Leg Tables. Designed to make small “U-style” configurations with 24-inch and 30-inch rectangle tables or to create a small circle for group work. A large circle may also be created when used with the rectangle tables.
- EXPLORE Half Round Flip and Nest and 4-Leg Tables. The half-round can be arranged with Bretford rectangle tables into a conference table. Additionally, these 48-inch and 60-inch tables used back-to-back create a circle-style configuration that is more organic in an open space for small groups.
- EXPLORE Trapezoid Flip and Nest Tables. Designed to make a large “U-style” configuration with rectangle tables or a large enclosed circle for discussion-style meetings.
- EXPLORE Group Work Flip and Nest Tables. Designed for more collaborative applications, these rectangular tables allow for group work around a single table by providing seating on all four sides of the work surface. The legs are moved inward on the table sides allowing for seating on the table edges for four to six in an intimate setting that has a small footprint.
- EXPLORE SCALE-UP Active Learning 4-LEG Table. Designed to seat up to three people, this approach pairs student groups with networked devices to encourage interactive learning.
- EXPLORE Wing 5-Leg Table. Seats two with the ability to be reconfigured with rectangular tables for a small group. Learning activities include discussion groups, brainstorming, and team projects.
As part of its dedication to taking care of the environment, the complete EDU 2.0 system is among the first to receive CarbonNeutral® product certification. Bretford continues to work towards reducing its carbon footprint to net zero through a combination of internal efficiencies and external carbon offsets. By choosing products from the EDU 2.0 line, educators can have healthier learning spaces with furniture that is made using low-carbon production processes that help green their supply chain. Bretford has also earned CarbonNeutral Company Certification. All of the products in the EDU 2.0 line either have received or are pending GREENGUARD GOLD Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) certification and Children & SchoolsSM product certification for low-emitting products.