ASE Hosts Annual Supplier Awards Ceremony in Honor of Its Network of Partners
By Business Wire News
Advanced Semiconductor Engineering, Inc. (TAIEX:2311, NYSE:ASX), the world’s largest semiconductor assembly and test service provider, today hosted the ASE Group 2014 Best Supplier Awards ceremony, an event specially organized to recognize and honor suppliers integral to ASE’s ongoing success. Representatives from 126 companies, supplying equipment, raw material, information technology, logistics, and various other products and services to ASE, were in attendance. A total of 28 awards were presented to the 34 suppliers who had demonstrated extraordinary performance in their support to ASE throughout 2014.
Over the past year, ASE management has relentlessly focused on corporate sustainability within its supply management, resulting in the following developments:
- Membership in the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC): ASE became a member of the EICC in February 2015, and this membership underscores the significant strides ASE has taken to enhance its commitment to environmental and social governance, both within ASE operations as well as throughout its broader supply chain.
- Launch of the ASE Guidelines for Supply Excellence – ‘SMILE 2ART’: Creation of a framework that is Sustainable, Manageable, Innovative, Lean and Ethical, to build an Advanced, Resilient and Trusted supply chain network.
- Commitment to work with suppliers to comply with the framework for internal controls guided by the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) as well as to adhere to the standards set by the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G4 sustainability reporting.
One highlight of the awards event was the inauguration of ASE’s campaign for Responsible Supply Chain Management and the execution of a Green Supply Chain Program together with ten of its major supply partners. Throughout the campaign, ASE and its ten partners aim to provide leadership and set standards for the backend semiconductor industry to engage in ethical business conduct, employee health and safety, environmental protection and management governance.
“Cost, technology, quality and delivery are a given in any supplier-customer relationship, but most importantly, we would like to emphasize the critical role corporate sustainability plays in the supply chain,” said Dr. Tien Wu, COO, ASE Group. “Driving our team and our supply partners to conduct business in a green and socially responsible manner is a goal that we aim to achieve through mutual collaboration amongst network partners and participation in reputable industry organizations such as the EICC.” He added, “Once again, we take this opportunity to thank all our suppliers for their support.”
This year, the annual awards ceremony was held in Kaohsiung, Taiwan with high level support from the government, academic institutions and industry associations. Honorable guests included:
- Mr. Wen-Guu Huang – Director-General, Export Processing Zone Administration, Ministry of Economic Affairs
- Mr. Li-Ming Hsu – Deputy Mayor, Kaohsiung City
- Mr. Vincent Tseng – Director-General, Economic Development Bureau, Kaohsiung City
- Mr. James Hsu – Chairman, Supply Management Institute Taiwan
- Mr. Shu-Shin Steve Lai – Board Member, The International Federation of Purchasing and Supply Management
- Dr. Roger C.Y. Chen – President, National Kaohsiung First University of Science and Technology
Supply Partners participating in the Inauguration of ASE’s Campaign for Responsible Supply Chain Management and the Execution of a Green Supply Chain Program:
Hitachi Chemical Company, Ltd.
Kinsus Interconnect Technology Group
Kyocera Chemical Corporation
LG Innotek Co, Ltd.
Nanya Technology Corporation
Sumitomo Bakelite Co, Ltd.
Unimicron Technology Corporation
ASE Group Best Supplier Awards – Winners:
Copper Wire: Nippon Micrometal Corp
Gold Wire: Tanaka Kikinzoku International Co, Ltd.
Molding Compound: Sumitomo Bakelite Co, Ltd.
Epoxy: Hitachi Chemical Company, Ltd.
Solder Ball: Nippon Micrometal Corp.
Capacitor: Murata Manufacturing Co, Ltd.
Capillary: PECO Co, Ltd.
Packing Tray: ASE Tray Plant
Lead Frame: Fusheng Electronics Corporation, Mitsui High-tec Inc., Shinko Electric Industries Co, Ltd.
Assembly Equipment: All-Ring Tech Co, Ltd., ASM Pacific Technology Ltd., Hanmi Semiconductor, GMM
ASE Regional Sites Best Supplier Awards – Winners
Substrate: LG Innotek Co, Ltd.
ASE Chung Li
Substrate: Nan Ya PCB Co, Ltd.
Liquid CPD: Dow Corning Taiwan Inc.
Mold tape: INNOX Corporation
BG tape: Mitsui Chemicals Group
Facility: Acter Co, Ltd, Yi-Kai Engineering
Logistics: Trans Van Links Express Corp.
FC CSP Substrate: Samsung Electro-Mechanics Co, Ltd.
CRD Equipment: Orbotech Ltd, Shin Wu Machinery Trading Co, Ltd.
Project Equipment: Musashi Engineering, Inc.
Testing Equipment: Tokyo Electron Limited
Bumping Equipment: Disco Kiru-Kezuru-Migaku Technologies
Polymer: Hitachi DuPont MicroSystems, LLC.
Chemicals: Tokyo Ohka Kogyo Co, Ltd.
Facility: Chu-Kuo Air Conditioner Engineer Co, Ltd.
Outstanding Shipping Achievement Award: Nippon Express Taiwan
CCL: Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company, Inc.
Drill: Taiwan Union Tool Corp.
About the ASE Group
The ASE Group is the world’s largest provider of independent semiconductor manufacturing services in assembly, test, materials and design manufacturing. As a global leader geared towards meeting the industry’s ever growing needs for faster, smaller and higher performance chips, the Group develops and offers a wide portfolio of technology and solutions including IC test program design, front-end engineering test, wafer probe, wafer bump, substrate design and supply, wafer level package, flip chip, system-in-package, final test and electronic manufacturing services through Universal Scientific Industrial Co Ltd, a member of the ASE Group. The Group generated sales revenues of US$8.5 billion in 2014 and employs over 68,000 people worldwide. For more information about the ASE Group, visit www.aseglobal.com.