2015 NECA Show Features ISC Trend
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
ISCs comprise the 70 percent of electrical contractors who specify, install and service fully integrated, high-performance building systems in commercial, industrial, institutional and residential markets.
ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR magazine’s latest market research shows that electrical contractors make specific system and brand decisions more than 70 percent of the time across the electrical spectrum – including security, fire, life safety, communication, lighting controls, building automation and systems integration.
“As building systems are rapidly transforming, only the electrical contractor can make the critical connection between the facility’s electrical power supply and low-voltage systems,” said ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR Publisher John Maisel.
Additionally, the research shows that:
- 80 percent report a high or medium influence on overall electrical systems design.
- 70 percent perform design/build work, averaging 43 percent of total firm revenue.
- Electrical contractors sit earlier and more often at the design/specification table.
- 46 percent of electrical design/specs are delivered incomplete, which the electrical contractor finalizes.
- 75 percent of electrical specs are multiple/or equal, for which the electrical contractor makes the final decision.
Headline speakers and special events include:
- Sal Khan: Sunday, Oct. 4 – 10:15 a.m.: Founder of Khan Academy (khanacademy.org), a nonprofit providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
- Diana Nyad: Tuesday, Oct. 6 – 1:15 p.m.: Realized her lifelong dream of swimming from Cuba to Florida at age 60 after a grueling 53-hour ordeal.
- Winning student projects from the ELECTRI International/NECA 2015 Green Energy Challenge: Sunday, Oct. 4, 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.: Each team had to develop a backup power system and resiliency plan for an existing facility that had demonstrated critical power needs.
Free admission: see Attendee Registration at http://www.necaconvention.org/ and use special code FREE15.
The National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA), is the voice of the $130 billion electrical construction industry that brings power, light and communication technology to buildings and communities across the U.S. Contact: (301)215-4506 / Website: http://www.necaconvention.org/ / Twitter: https://twitter.com/necaconvention.