Blackline Safety increases DEI performance, sets net-zero climate target
Maryam FaragHuman Resources Energy canada emissions energy environment equity ghg inclusion maintenance manufacturing net-zero sustainability.
Blackline Safety Corp. announced it increased its diversity, equity and inclusion performance in 2021, boosted employee engagement as the workforce doubled, and pledged to be a net-zero emissions company by 2023.
Highlights of progress made to date and pathways to net-zero are detailed in its 2021 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Report.
“Our connected worker technology protects over 100,000 people and generates data-driven safety and operational insights that enhance the ESG performance of our customers around the world. We have long recognized the importance of creating sustainable workplaces that embed both resiliency and adaptability into business, and build a better world,” said Cody Slater, CEO and Chair, Blackline Safety.
Highlights from the report include:
- Grew a diverse and inclusive workforce,with 30 per cent ethnic representation, an increase of six per cent year-over-year, and an eight per cent increase in women in management. To further build a culture of belonging and inclusion, the company will increase its engagement with underrepresented groups as part of recruitment and increase mentorship support and leadership opportunities.
- Improved overall employee engagement to 76 per cent, while nearly doubling the global workforce, and continued to expand training and development opportunities and comprehensive benefits coverage including $5,000 mental health support for Canadian employees.
- Over 170 billion data points collected to date through Blackline Live, upheld by the highest standards of data security and privacy measures in line with GDPR and SOC-2 compliance.
- Doubled community investment year-over-year and tripled the number nonprofits supported, andaligned support areas of support to organizations aligned to the company’s vision.
- Increased roster of vendors by sourcing local, alternates where possible, to mitigate risk sourcing materials and foster greater diversity and resiliency in the company’s supply chain.
- Calculated Scopes 1, 2 and 3 GHG emissions, to establish a baseline and understand where the Company can reduce its energy inputs in support of net-zero emissions company by 2023 pledge.