Canada and the EU announce workshop on CETA opportunities
Maryam FaragEnvironment Health & Safety Industry Energy canada CETA clean tech European Union virtual events
Canada and the European Union (EU) will host a virtual joint workshop to explore clean tech opportunities created by the Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA), to be held from March 29-31.
Jonathan Wilkinson, Minister, Environment and Climate Change, will open the proceedings with Virginijus Sinkevičius, European Commissioner, Environment, Oceans and Fisheries. Mary Ng, Minister, Small Enterprise, Export Promotion and International Trade, will open the third day of the event.
The workshop will bring together clean technology innovators and users, experts and government representatives to explore environment and trade cooperation opportunities in the context of CETA. It will feature sectors of hydrogen, carbon capture, utilization and storage, and the circular economy.
Topics will include:
- Strategic priorities for clean technology looking out towards 2050.
- Cluster collaboration and development.
- Canadian and European government programs to support companies and partnerships.
- B2B matchmaking sessions with industry representatives from Canada and the EU.
- The opportunity to register and host a virtual booth throughout the event.
- Networking sessions with industry representatives and government programs.