ABB stainless steel motors
April 14, 2023 | By MRO Staff
ABB Baldor-Reliance Food Safe motors has made enhancements in performance and protection to its Food Safe stainless steel motor line.
Baldor-Reliance Food Safe motors exceed IP69 ingress protection ratings for washdown conditions. It covers single to three-phase ratings, with TEFC or TENV enclosures, in foot-mounted and footless configurations.
- Bearing protection ring;
- 360-degree rotatable conduit box;
- Plugged drain holes;
- All stainless-steel construction – including housing, conduit box, drain plugs, hardware, fan cover and endplates;
- IP69 laser marked nameplate;
- Hardened epoxy resin encapsulation;
- Two-barrier mechanical shaft seals; and
- High-temperature Class H insulation with low-temperature (Class B) rise.
“We work closely with our customers to understand their needs and to stay informed on the emerging trends in the food industry. The top priorities in food production equipment right now are cleanability and durability,” said Matt Rodebush, global segment manager, food and beverage, ABB’s NEMA Motors Division. “If a motor is easier to clean and maintain, we increase the safety of our food supply. It’s that simple. But our customers don’t just want equipment that’s easy to clean; they need motors that can stand up to those harsh cleaning conditions and keep going. We’ve addressed both requests with the enhanced design of our Food Safe stainless-steel motors.”