Ultralow Power Buck Regulator Achieves Industry’s Highest Power Conversion Efficiency to Boost Battery Life for IoT Applications
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
Analog Devices, Inc. today introduced an ultralow power buck regulator that extends battery life in portable devices by achieving the industry’s highest ultra-light-load power conversion efficiency. With a 90 percent efficiency rating and consuming only 180-nA quiescent current, the ADP5301 buck regulator is designed to deliver maximum power for a longer period of time than previously achievable and is ideally suited for Internet of Things (IoT) applications, including wireless sensor networks and wearable devices such as fitness bands and smartwatches. The new device is housed in a tiny WLCSP package that measures less than 3.1-mm², which makes it suitable for small form factors.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150824005001/en/
- View ADP5301 product page, download data sheet, order samples and evaluation boards: http://www.analog.com/adp5301.html
- Learn about ADI’s power management product portfolio: http://www.analog.com/en/products/power-management
- Connect with engineers and ADI product experts on EngineerZone®, an online technical support community: https://ez.analog.com/community/power
- Click to Tweet: http://ctt.ec/3ecPO
ADP5301 Ultralow Power Buck Regulator Key Features:
- 90 percent power conversion efficiency in ultralight load with 180-nA quiescent current boosts battery life
- 6.5-V to 2.05-V input voltage range enables wide range of battery sources or architectures
- Selectable, low-noise forced PWM mode with low output voltage ripple powers noise-sensitive analog load up to 500-mA output current capability
- Integrated voltage supervisory function increases overall system reliability
Pricing and Availability
About Analog Devices
Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI) designs and manufactures semiconductor products and solutions. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure and connect. Visit http://www.analog.com
EngineerZone is a registered trademark of Analog Devices, Inc.
Follow ADI on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/ADI_News
Subscribe to Analog Dialogue, ADI’s monthly technical journal, at: http://www.analog.com/library/analogDialogue/
Analog Devices, Inc.
Joe Dussi, 781-937-1216