Teradyne, Inc. Announces The Availability of its Industry Leading Image Sensor Test System IP750Ex-HD for Customer Production Order
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
NORTH READING, Mass.
Teradyne, Inc (NYSE: TER) announced the availability of the IP750Ex-HD to increase the parallel test capability for both wafer and final test of image sensors using new, High Density (HD) instruments. These instruments are also compatible with over 4,000 installed J750 and IP750 test systems providing added flexibility to test system operators. The IP750Ex-HD can test not just image sensors, but microcontrollers and a wide range of mobile connectivity devices. In today’s production environment with volatile unpredictable demand loading, the IP750Ex-HD’s flexibility helps ensure high test center utilization.
New IP750Ex-HD capabilities include:
- HSD800 Multifunction Instrument. A third generation digital instrument providing 128 high speed digital channels, scalable to 2,048 channels per system. The instrument also introduces DIB Access, an innovative feature allowing unique tester resources including High Voltage and Digital Source and Signal Capture (DSSC) pins to be easily connected without external hardware. DIB Access reduces load board complexity, shortening time-to-market and simplifying concurrent test to increase overall test cell throughput.
- ICMD. A new LVDS image capture instrument supporting MIPI CSI-2 D-PHY 1.5Gbps speed at 1,2,4 Data Lane CIS and Serial 1 to 16 Lane protocol support capability. This second generation instrument with 24 differential input pairs and available 128M pixel capture memory supports leading image sensors used for smart phones, media tablets and DSC/DSLR. The instrument also offers the software feature “Protocol Add-in” for custom-made data protocols. The ICMD is completely hardware and software compatible with its predecessor “ICUL1G” to minimize test program conversion time.
- IG-XL® 3.60 Software. Mature and user friendly test program development software platform.
- Zero-footprint, Air-cooled System. Minimizes floor space.
- Compatible Operation. System Architecture maintains pin and program compatibility with existing IP750Ex Device Programs.
“The IP750Ex-HD uses the same HD instruments as the J750Ex-HD, which has a large installed base and TAM, providing the flexibility in manufacturing to tackle a broad range of SOC and Image Sensor devices. Adding an additional Image Capture Instrument chassis also increases the ICMD slots and allows the IP750Ex-HD to expand to higher site counts. Customers, particularly OSATs, can take advantage of the system’s wide device coverage to best utilize their assets to meet ever shrinking production ramp timelines and rapid model changes, while reducing overall cost of test,” said Jason Zee, General Manager of Teradyne’s Consumer Business Unit. Teradyne has received multiple orders from multiple customers and began shipments of the IP750Ex-HD systems in the fourth quarter of 2014.
Teradyne(NYSE:TER) is a leading supplier of Automatic Test Equipment used to test semiconductors, wireless products, data storage and complex electronic systems which serve consumer, communications, industrial and government customers. In 2014, Teradyne had revenue of $1.65 billion and currently employs approximately 3,900 people worldwide. For more information, visit www.teradyne.com. Teradyne(R) is a registered trademark of Teradyne, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.
For more information, contact:
Rebecca Buxbaum, 978.370.2487