Sept. 26: Recruiting Atlanta’s Top Tech Talent; Cardlytics Hosts Iron Coder Software Engineering Competition at Ponce City Market
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
Cardlytics, a purchase-based data intelligence platform headquartered in Atlanta, will hold its next “Cardlytics Iron Coder Software Engineering Competition” on September 26. The fast-growing company created the competition to reward technology students and help identify talent for open technology and engineering positions in Atlanta and other cities. It takes place Saturday, September 26, 2015, from 1:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Cardlytics’ office at Ponce City Market.
- Open to all college students located in Georgia.
- Participants have three hours to solve a series of ten programming puzzles.
- Winners are awarded cash prizes and job interviews with Cardlytics.
- Cost: FREE
- Time: 1:30 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Location: Ponce City Market, 675 Ponce De Leon Ave. Atlanta, GA 30308
- Details and registration: https://event.ironc0d3r.com/
“For a fast-growing tech company like Cardlytics, attracting top talent is key to fueling strong growth. Our Iron Coder competition is one way to do that,” said Andrew Hamilton, Chief Technology Officer, Cardlytics. “We’re offering more than a coding competition. Winning the Iron Coder is the first step for a young college student to get their start with us.”
How It Works:
- The coding puzzles to be solved will be announced at the beginning of the competition. Participants will have three hours to solve a series of complex problems by developing a working software prototype in any technology stack (e.g. Java, C#, C, C++, etc.).
- The Competition is open to any college student (limit 75). Individual entries only.
- All completed applications will be judged at the end of the allotted time and winners announced at 5:30 p.m. that day.
- Points will be awarded based on accuracy, and a winner will be chosen based on those points. If necessary, there will be a tie-breaker based on speed of completion of all tasks.
Winners of the competition will receive cash prizes and an opportunity to interview with the Cardlytics engineering team. Job openings include Software Engineers, Project Managers, Analysts, Developers and More. (Full list at https://careers-cardlytics.icims.com/jobs/intro).
The Prizes: First three individuals to complete the exercise within the allotted time will receive an invitation to interview with the Cardlytics engineering team plus:
- 1st Place – $2,000
- 2nd Place – $1,000
- 3rd Place – $500
Cardlytics® is a purchase-based data intelligence platform that makes all advertising better. Our patented technology measures and connects trillions in purchases to millions of consumers. We partner with major financial institutions, including Bank of America, Lloyds Banking Group and FIS, to provide Card-Linked Loyalty programs, which deliver significant savings to customers and revenue to banks, securely and without any personally identifiable information ever leaving the bank.
Our view into consumer spending, and purchase-based targeting and measurement, helps thousands of companies in the US and UK connect advertising directly to in-store sales lift. Cardlytics is a private company that has raised more than $170 million from leading hedge and venture funds, private investors, and from the world’s leading loyalty company, Aimia. Headquartered in Atlanta, Cardlytics has offices in London, New York, Chicago, and San Francisco. For more information, visit www.cardlytics.com.
Mitch Leff, 404-861-4769