Schindler Elevator Corporation Offers Two New AIA-Approved Continuing Education Courses for Architects
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
Schindler Elevator Corporation announces two new AIA-approved continuing education courses for elevators. Available as a “Lunch & Learn”, the “Vertical Transportation: Machine Room-Less (MRL) Elevators” course is approved for 1.75 LU (Learning Units) from the American Institute of Architects’ (AIA) Continuing Education System (CES). This course is also available online through AECDaily, for 1.00 LU. The course qualifies as HSW (Health, Safety, Wellness).
The second course, “Vertical Transportation: Destination Controls for Elevators”, is approved for 1.00 LU and is also available online at the AECDaily website.
The MRL course learning objectives include:
- An overview history of machine room-less elevators.
- Identifying the advantages of using MRL elevators over conventional technologies.
- Recognizing the different types of MRL elevators and their related applications.
- Understanding why MRL elevators are the greener choice.
The Destination Dispatch course learning objectives include:
- Developments in elevator technology.
- How this technology is installed and implemented in new installations and modernization.
- Energy-efficiency implications and other efficiency benefits of destination dispatching.
- Benefits of destination dispatching.
AIA/CES-approved courses from Schindler
Each seminar provides the opportunity for architects, designers and builders to learn about the latest developments in escalator and other general vertical transportation technology and earn Learning Units (LUs).
Lunch & Learn Courses
- Escalators for Public Transportation (ESC001): 1.5 hours and 1.5 LUs.
- Vertical Transportation – Escalators (ESC002): 1.5 hours and 1.5 LUs.
- General Vertical Transportation (VTB001):1.5 hours and 1.5 LUs.
- Sustainable Design (SDSEC1): 1 hour and 1 LU. This course qualifies as HSW (Health, Safety, Wellness) and SD (Sustainable Design).
- Vertical Transportation – Machine Room Less Elevators (VTMRL2): 1 hour and 1.75 LUs. The course qualifies as HSW (Health, Safety, Wellness).
- Vertical Transportation: Destination Controls for Elevators: 1 hour and 1.00 LU. This course is available on AECDaily.com.
- Vertical Transportation: Machine Room-Less Elevators: 1 hour and 1.00 LU. This course is available on AECDaily.com.
- Cutting-Edge Elevator Technology: Elevating Architecture with Destination Dispatch Controls: 1.00 LU. For more information, please visit: Cutting-Edge Elevator Technology.
The Continuing Education System from AIA offers valuable opportunities for members to maximize their professional skills through effective learning partnerships with companies like Schindler. As part of the AIA program, architects are required to complete 18 credit hours per year in order to remain as active members.
For more information, architects should contact their local office or visit the company’s web site for AIA courses for architects: Schindler AIA Courses.
About Schindler Elevator Corporation
Schindler Elevator Corporation is the North American operation of the Switzerland-based Schindler Group, a leading global mobility provider with approximately 54,000 employees operating in more than 100 countries. Schindler supports sustainable urban development with safe, reliable and ecologically sound mobility solutions and its equipment moves one billion people every day all over the world. For additional information about Schindler Elevator Corporation, visit the company’s Web site at www.us.schindler.com.