Rolls-Royce to Present New Configuration of MTU Series 2000 Yacht Engine at Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
Rolls-Royce will debut a new configuration of its advanced-design MTU Series 2000 M96L yacht engine to the U.S. market at the 2015 Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show, Nov. 5 – 9. The new 12-cylinder version of EPA Tier 3 Recreational certified engine will be displayed aboard several vessels throughout the show. The 16-cylinder version of the engine will be presented in the MTU booth (engine tent 1212 / 1215).
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20151029005083/en/
The new MTU 12V 2000 M96L from Rolls-Royce will make its North American debut at the 2015 Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show. (Photo: Business Wire)
The MTU brand is part of Rolls-Royce Power Systems within the Land & Sea division of Rolls-Royce.
The innovative MTU Series 2000 M96L continues a long tradition of reliable and efficient high-performance yacht engines and offers enhanced acceleration, quiet operation and low fuel consumption. The 16-cylinder configuration of the M96L, which made its U.S. debut in 2014, offers power ratings from 2185 bhp to 2600 bhp. The engine’s new 12-cylinder configuration offers ratings from 1700 bhp to 1920 bhp.
At the show, MTU will also present its latest control and monitoring system, Blue Vision New Generation (BVNG), which features standard color displays, integrated start-stop control and standard shipyard interface. The system is complete with simple harnessing enabling ease of installation.
MTU’s fully integrated Joystick System, which is available as an option toBVNG, is designed especially for the pleasure craft market and offers:
- Intuitive maneuverability – complex maneuvers are made more convenient by automatically and cleverly managing all the propulsion and thruster systems.
- Thruster Compatibility – wide range of electronic or hydraulic OEM supplied thruster units; proportional control capability; joystick operating mode for thruster only control.
- GPS-Hold – automatically remain stationary with a sophisticated GPS-based system.
“The Series 2000 M96L, paired with MTU Blue Vision New Generation controls and monitoring provide an excellent package,” said Andrew Boyer, senior marine sales manager, MTU America. “Customers will undoubtedly enjoy the overall quietness of the MTU package, whether fishing a tournament or cruising.”
Visitors to the MTU booth will also have the opportunity to learn more about MTU Premium Yacht Service, a comprehensive range of services tailored to meet the most demanding customer requirements. The package includes an Extended Propulsion Coverage warranty (EPC), annual inspections and professional training for customers and their partners.
During the show, MTU will also offer a special discount on EPC packages, complimentary engine inspections to current Premium Yacht Service customers, and discounted MTU ValueSpares parts and consumables.
For more information about the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show, visit www.showmanagement.com/fort_lauderdale_international_boat_show/event/.
Press photos are available for download from www.mtu-online.com/mtu/press.
About Rolls-Royce Holdings plc
1. Rolls-Royce’s vision is to create better power for a changing world via two main business divisions, Aerospace and Land & Sea. These business divisions address markets with two strong technology platforms, gas turbines and reciprocating engines. Aerospace comprises Civil Aerospace and Defence Aerospace. Land & Sea comprises Marine, Nuclear and Power Systems.
2. Rolls-Royce Power Systems is headquartered in Friedrichshafen in southern Germany and employs around 11,000 people. The product portfolio includes MTU-brand high-speed engines and propulsion systems for ships, power generation, heavy land, rail and defence vehicles and for the oil and gas industry. Under the MTU Onsite Energy brand, the company markets diesel gensets for emergency, base load and peak load applications as well as cogeneration plants using gas engines for the combined generation of heat and power. Bergen medium-speed engines power ships and power generation applications. L’Orange completes the portfolio with fuel injection systems for large engines.
3. Rolls-Royce has customers in more than 120 countries, comprising more than 380 airlines and leasing customers, 160 armed forces, 4,000 marine customers including 70 navies, and more than 5,000 power and nuclear customers.
4. Our business is focused on the 4Cs:
- Customer – placing the customer at the heart of our business
- Concentration – deciding where to grow and where not to
- Cost – continually looking to increase efficiency
- Cash – improving financial performance.
5. Annual underlying revenue was £14.6 billion in 2014, around half of which came from the provision of aftermarket services. The firm and announced order book stood at £76.5 billion at 30 June 2015.
6. In 2014, Rolls-Royce invested £1.2 billion on research and development. We also support a global network of 31 University Technology Centres, which position Rolls-Royce engineers at the forefront of scientific research.
7. Rolls-Royce employs over 54,000 people in more than 50 countries. Over 15,500 of these are engineers.
8. The Group has a strong commitment to apprentice and graduate recruitment and to further developing employee skills. In 2014 we employed 354 graduates and 357 apprentices through our worldwide training programmes. Globally we have over 1,000 Rolls-Royce STEM ambassadors who are actively involved in education programmes and activities; we have set ourselves a target to reach 6 million people through our STEM outreach activities by 2020.