Research and Markets: Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Strategies for Driver Monitoring Systems in Europe
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kjfj87/original) has announced the addition of the “Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Strategies for Driver Monitoring Systems in Europe” report to their offering.
Driver Monitoring Systems (DMS) analyze driver behavior, detect behavior patterns for micro-sleep, and issue appropriate warnings to alert and refocus the driver’s attention back to the road, thus working to reduce drowsiness-related crashes. DMS functions are achieved using data processed from the steering angle sensor, the sensors on the steering wheel, and a mono camera with lane assist. However, the industry is expected to move from using traditional sensors to camera-based systems. Several OEMs have realized the potential of systems which not only support additional DMS functionalities, but also act as a human machine interface and enhance the driver experience.
- Base Year: 2014
- Study Period: 2014-2021
- Forecast Period: 2015-2021
- Vehicle Type: Passenger Vehicles
- Geographical Scope: Europe
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- What are the hardware options available to achieve driver monitoring functions? What are the OEM preferences by 2021?
- What are the possibilities of sensor integration with a subordinate ECU?
- What are the available functions in driver monitoring systems? What DMS features are expected to be incorporated in the future generation of passenger vehicles?
- Which are the top OEMs in Europe that are offering or planning to offer DMS in their vehicle lines? Which OEMs have plans to incorporate stereo camera-based systems?
- Which are the top Tier-I suppliers with a sturdy portfolio supporting DMS functions?
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive Summary
- Research Scope
- Key Definitions and Market Overview
- Drivers and Restraints
- Forecast and Trends
- Architectural Overview of Major OEMs with ADAS Strategies
- Other OEM Strategies with DMS-Outlines
- Major Supplier Base – DMS Roadmap and Key OEM Partnerships
- Conclusion and Key Findings
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kjfj87/original
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Automotive Safety