Research and Markets: Markets for Self-Cleaning Coatings and Surfaces: 2015 to 2022
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/rzzsw6/markets_for) has announced the addition of the “Markets for Self-Cleaning Coatings and Surfaces: 2015 to 2022” report to their offering.
This report discusses how self-cleaning coatings and surfaces will evolve over the next eight years. We survey what products are available now along with the latest R&D in this space to provide a self-cleaning material technology roadmap. It also examines the product /market strategies related to self-cleaning materials that are emerging at both the largest specialty chemical, glass, plastics and textile firms and at startups.
Materials and Technology:
This report provides complete coverage of the self-cleaning materials business and the technologies that sustain it:
– Much of the discussion centers around the development of hydrophobic and hydrophilic surfaces and the emergence of super-hydrophobic and super-hydrophilic technologies. We also examine how hydrophobic and hydrophilic materials can be combined in multi-layer surfaces to maximize the kinds of dirt that can be self-cleaned.
– This report also covers other types of self-cleaning materials technology that we believe will become increasingly commercially successful. These include those based of electrostatic and catalytic approaches. In addition, we look a novel approaches to self-cleaning that are not based on smart materials, but which may prove highly competitive to self-cleaning materials. These include ultrasound and technologies based on micro-vacuum technology.
– Also covered are the likely business potential for multifunctional surfaces that combine self-cleaning with other smart material functionality. As n-tech sees it there are significant markets for materials that combine self-cleaning with some kind of self-healing or smart antimicrobial functionality. Another related development is that of the omniphobic surface – a surface that can self-clean itself from almost anything.
Applications and Markets for Smart Composites:
This report also includes an analysis of the application areas where smart self-cleaning surfaces and coatings are generating significant revenues in the next decade.
These areas include:
– Construction – interior and exterior surfaces and windows
– Energy – solar panels and wind generators
– Automotive – interior and exterior surfaces, mirrors and windows
– Clothing and textiles
– Consumer products – electronics and appliances
– Medical surfaces.
This report also examines the product development and marketing strategies of the firms to watch in self-cleaning materials including an analysis of their R&D programs.
The evaluation of self-cleaning coatings and surfaces markets in this report is based on interviews with key influencers in smart materials markets, as well as numerous secondary resources. It also draws on insider knowledge of the smart materials business.
We believe that this report will be invaluable reading for marketing and business development specialists in coatings firms, specialty chemical companies and glass firms, building products companies, automotive firms, specialty clothing companies, as well as sophisticated investors interested in this space.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter One: Introduction
Chapter Two: Technology Evolution for Self-Cleaning Materials
Chapter Three: Self-Cleaning Surfaces in Buildings and Construction
Chapter Four: Self-Cleaning Surfaces in Automotive Applications
Chapter Five: Consumer Electronics, Appliances and Self-Cleaning Surfaces
Chapter Six: Self-Cleaning Coatings and Surfaces for Textiles and Clothing
Chapter Seven: Specialty Cases for Self-Cleaning Coatings
– Alcoa (U.S.)
– BASF (Germany)
– BigSky Technologies LLC (U.S.)
– Corning (U.S.)
– DryWired (U.S.)
– Gentex (U.S.)
– Green Earth Nano Science (Canada)
– Italcementi (Italy)
– Joma (Norway)
– NanoTex (U.S.)
– Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal (NSSMC, Japan)
– Nissan (Japan)
– NSG/Pilkington (Japan/UK)
– Optical Coating Technologies Ltd. (U.K.)
– PureTi (U.S.)
– Saint-Gobain (France)
– Schoeller Technologies and Archroma (Switzerland)
– SLIPS Technologies
– Ultratech International (U.S.)
– Vestagen (U.S.)
– Yanfeng Interiors (née Johnson Controls)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/rzzsw6/markets_for
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Advanced Technology