Research and Markets: Global Nylon Resins (Nylon 6, nylon 66, Caprolactam, Nylon 612, Nylon 12, Nylon 11) Market 2015-2020
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5km32x/nylon_resins) has announced the addition of the “Nylon Resins Market (2014 – 2020):By Type (Nylon 6, nylon 66, Caprolactam, Nylon 612, Nylon 12, Nylon 11); Application Type (Textile Industry, Machinery, Photo Voltaic Panels, Cable Insulating, Electronic and Electrical Connectors) and By Geography” report to their offering.
Nylon is basically a thermoplastic silky material. It was first used commercially in a nylon-bristled toothbrush followed by famously known women stockings after being introduced as a fabric. Nylon is processed by methods such as extrusion, injection moulding and casting.
2007 was considered to be a good year for the global nylon resins industry. This was because of the decline in the global economic recession in 2008 which saw the demand of the industry plummeting by about 5-10% bringing down profits to lower levels. However, the demand for the industry picked up at a good rate with the high demand for the products such as Nylon 6, nylon 66 and caprolactam. China, APAC and the US accounted for the highest shares of producing the types of nylon resins like Nylon 6, Nylon 66 and caprolactam respectively.
The demand for caprolactam in 2012 was worth $9 billion and is expected to reach $14 billion by 2020, at a CAGR of 7% from 2014-2020. In terms of volume, the demand for caprolactam was around 3,580 kilo tons in 2012. Nylon 6 is one type of resin that can be reinforced with minerals or glass fibers to improve strength and resist warping from extreme temperatures. Nylon 612 and 12 may also infuse with glass or minerals to varying degrees depending on its application. In addition, some grades of nylon 12 that resist melt-processing methods are further reinforced with powdered or aqueous solutions of polytetrafluoroethylene.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Global Nylon Resins Market – Market Overview
2. Executive Summary
3. Global Nylon Resins Market – Market Landscape
4. Global Nylon Resins Market – Market Forces
5. Global Nylon Resins Market – Strategic Analysis
6. Global Nylon Resins Market – By Type
7. Global Nylon Resins Market – By Application
8. Global Nylon Resin Market – By Method
9. Global Nylon Resins Market – By Geography
10. Market Entropy
11. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials, SWOT Analysis, Developments, Product Portfolio)
- BASF SE
- Capro Corporation
- China Petrochemical Development Corporation
- China Petroleum and Chemical Corporation (SINOPEC)
- DSM Company
- Lanxess Corporation
- Sumitomo Chemicals
- Toray Industries, Inc.
- Ube Industries Ltd.
- KuibyshevAzot Joint Stock Company
- Industrial Plastic Supply, Inc.
- United Resin Corp.
- National Plastic & Seals, Inc.
- Meyer Plastics, Inc
- AMETEK Westchester Plastics
- Polymer Technology & Services, LLC
- Birch Plastics, Inc.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5km32x/nylon_resins
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Engineering Plastics, Insulation, Machinery and Parts