Research and Markets: Global and Chinese Automotive Transmission Industry Report, 2014-2018
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jl7rhx/global_and) has announced the addition of the “Global and Chinese Automotive Transmission Industry Report, 2014-2018” report to their offering.
The global automotive transmission market approximated 90 million units in 2014, up 2.8% from a year earlier, and is expected to maintain a low growth rate of around 3% over the next couple years. As a large auto maker and market in the world, China’s demand for automotive transmissions approached 24 million units in 2014, accounting for 26% of the global total, and is expected to keep a 6.7% growth rate over the next few years, with the country’s share of the global total rising to 32% in 2018.
No matter around the world or in China, manual transmission is still a major market force, and is expected to still hold a dominant position in 2018. In the automatic transmission field, AT makes up the largest chunk, and has presented two trends in recent years: evolution to continuously variable transmission (CVT) and dual-clutch transmission (DCT), gradual increase in the number of gears. In Europe, seven-gear AT is evolving to eight/nine-gear AT; in the United States, AT is evolving to CVT that is mainly installed in small cars; in Japan where CVT prevails, mini passenger vehicles, small passenger vehicles, and a variety of ordinary FF models all take advantage of overhaul of auto models or engine change as an opportunity to adopt CVT. In China, the way AT is heading is multiple gears, as the AT deployed in passenger vehicle moves toward six gears or even more.
Aisin, the world’s largest transmission producer, provides four categories of products – MT, AT, AMT, and CVT, and occupied a market share of over 10% in 2014. More than 60% of transmissions produced by Aisin are supplied to Toyota. The company has twelve production bases around the world, four of which are located in China, separately in Tianjin (two), Suzhou (one), and Tangshan (1), with total capacity of 1.37 million units, including 770,000 units of automatic transmissions, with products mostly supplied to FAW Toyota and FAW Car.
JATCO is the world’s largest supplier of CVT, and at the same time produces both AT and hybrid transmissions. The company produces 5.3 million units of automatic transmissions annually, making up 10% of the automatic transmission market. The products are mostly supplied to several shareholders including Nissan, Mitsubishi and Suzuki, as well as global companies like Renault and GM. JATCO’s production base in China is located in Guangzhou city, with annual capacity of 1 million units, serving primarily Dongfeng Nissan.
Global and China Automotive Transmission Industry Report, 2014-2018, by ResearchInChina highlights the following:
– Size, structure, development features of four market segments (AT, DCT, CVT, AMT), major manufacturers, supporting relationship of global automotive transmission market;
– Size, structure, development features, production capacity, four market segments (AT/DCT/CVT/AMT) of the Chinese automotive transmission market;
– Development of global and Chinese transmission manufacturers, and Chinese autonomous and joint-venture transmission companies, including type and sales volume of product, capacity, etc.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Overview of Automotive Transmission Industry
2 Global Transmission Market
3 Overview of Chinese Automotive Transmission Market
4 Chinese Passenger Vehicle Transmission Market
5 Chinese Commercial Vehicle Transmission Market
6 Major Global Transmission Manufacturers
7 Chinese Autonomous Automotive Transmission Manufacturers
8 Sino-Foreign Automotive Transmission Manufacturers
9 Summary and Forecast
– AW Suzhou Automotive Parts Co., Ltd.
– AW Tianjin Automobile Parts Co., Ltd.
– Anhui Xingrui Gear-transmission Co., Ltd.
– Beijing MOBIS Transmission Co., Ltd.
– BorgWarner DualTronic Transmission Systems Co., Ltd.
– Chery Automobile Co., Ltd.
– Chongqing Tsingshan Industrial Co., Ltd.
– Geely Group
– Hangzhou Iveco Automobile Transmission Technology Co., Ltd.
– Harbin DongAn Automotive Engine Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
– Honda Auto Parts Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
– Hunan Jianglu&Rongda Vehicle Transmission Limited Company
– Hunan Sino-German Automobile Automatic Transmission Co., Ltd.
– Inner Mongolia OED Engine Co., Ltd.
– JATCO (Guangzhou) Automatic Transmission Ltd.
– Punch Powertrain Nanjing Co., Ltd.
– Qijiang Gear Transmission Co., Ltd.
– Shanghai GM Dongyue Powertrain Co., Ltd.
– Shanxi Datong Gear Group Co. Ltd.
– Shengrui Transmission Corporation Limited
– Tangshan Aisin Gear Co., Ltd.
– Tianjin AW Automatic Transmission Co., Ltd.
– Toyota Motor (Changshu) Auto Parts Co., Ltd.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jl7rhx/global_and.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For EST Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716