PPG Honors 10 Excellent Suppliers
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
PPG (NYSE:PPG) has announced 10 Excellent Supplier Award recipients for superior performance in 2015.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160707005694/en/
Karen Barkac (center right), PPG global director, transportation and logistics, and PPG transportation managers Mandi Penrod and Steve Minick (far right) present a 2015 Excellent Supplier Award to J.B. Hunt Transport representatives (from far left) Jerry Hoban, regional operations manager; Jamie Kleemook, transportation general manager; and Daniel Fike, Two Million Mile safe driver. (Photo: Business Wire)
On an annual basis, PPG purchases approximately $7.5 billion in goods and services globally from thousands of suppliers. The company’s criteria for Excellent Supplier Awards include quality, commercial value, delivery, documentation, innovation, responsiveness, sustainability and participation in PPG’s Supplier Added Value Effort ($AVE) program.
“These suppliers all served PPG exceptionally in 2015, with outstanding products, services, innovation and overall value,” said Radhika Batra, PPG vice president, corporate purchasing and logistics. “We are happy to recognize their efforts with these awards.”
Companies earning the 2015 Excellent Supplier Award, and the products and services they provide, are:
- Arrow Uniform of Taylor, Michigan, provides uniform services in the U.S. and Canada, supporting the automotive original equipment manufacturer (OEM), industrial, architectural and automotive refinish coatings businesses.
- Bitrez, Wigan, England, supplies resins for the packaging coatings, automotive refinish coatings and aerospace businesses in the Asia Pacific and Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) regions.
- Chang Chun Plastics (CCP), with headquarters in Taipei, provides raw materials for the automotive OEM and industrial coatings businesses in Mexico.
- Chamberlain Marketing Group, based in Taylor, Michigan, provides promotional items across all PPG businesses and functions in North America.
- Dixie Metalcraft, Hazel Green, Alabama, provides windshield retainers for the aerospace business in the U.S.
- ENTACT Environmental Services, based in Westmont, Illinois, provides remediation services in the United States related to PPG’s corporate environment, health and safety (EHS) function.
- J.B. Hunt Transport, with headquarters in Lowell, Arkansas, operates over-the-road fleets in North America serving the architectural coatings, industrial coatings, fiber glass, flat glass, automotive OEM coatings, automotive refinish, specialty coatings and materials, packaging coatings, and protective and marine coatings businesses.
- Omya,Oftringen, Switzerland, provides raw materials in North America, the EMEA region and the Asia Pacific region for the architectural coatings – EMEA and automotive OEM coatings businesses.
- OXITENO SA IND E COM of Bela Vista, Sao Paulo, Brazil, supplies raw materials to the packaging coatings, automotive refinish, automotive OEM coatings, industrial coatings and architectural coatings businesses in the U.S. and South America.
- Wanhua, with headquarters in Yantai, China, provides the automotive OEM coatings, industrial coatings, automotive refinish, and protective and marine coatings businesses in the U.S. and the Asia Pacific region with raw materials.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
At PPG (NYSE:PPG), we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries and reported net sales of $15.3 billion in 2015. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com.
We protect and beautify the world is a trademark and the PPG Logo is a registered trademark of PPG Industries Ohio, Inc.