PowerPlex 2015: What’s Next for the Plex Manufacturing Cloud
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
Plex, the leader in cloud ERP for manufacturing, today kicked off its annual customer event to bring together manufacturing and technology leaders to collaborate, learn and celebrate the people and companies that make things. PowerPlex is the largest gathering of cloud manufacturing professionals in the world.
Transforming Manufacturing in the Cloud
The Plex Manufacturing Cloud currently powers more than 400 customers and 1,300 facilities around the world, representing the leaders and innovators in manufacturing ERP technology.
During the past year, Plex-powered companies
- Used 945 Billion pounds of material;
- Performed more than 41 Million quality checks;
- Made more than 150 Million items; and
- Generated approximately $25 billion in revenue.
The three-day event is a window into the roadmap and vision for the Plex Manufacturing Cloud, from connecting every part of the shop floor and manufacturing supply chain to delivering insight into the business. Highlights include
- Six educational tracks featuring more than 60 speakers and 70 breakout sessions on manufacturing ERP technology, industry trends and new methods to improve efficiency, quality, safety and productivity;
- The new Plex Experience Lab, offering extensive hands-on demonstrations, including innovation in wearables, mobility, enterprise applications, manufacturing intelligence and integration;
- 16 PowerPlex sponsors and Solutions Expo exhibitors — including Plante Moran, Jive, Baker Tilly and Revolution Group.
- The second annual Plex Impact Awards, honoring manufacturers that use cloud technologies to drive industry leadership, innovation and transformation; and
- A new special interest group dedicated to women in manufacturing ERP technology.
Comments on the News
“At Plex, we are honored to be part of a vibrant community of leaders on the cutting edge of manufacturing technology,” said Jason Blessing, CEO of Plex Systems. “The capabilities and throughput of the Plex community are amazing. PowerPlex is an opportunity to bring this incredible group together to learn from each other and celebrate what’s next in manufacturing.”
Plex is the Manufacturing Cloud, delivering industry-leading ERP and manufacturing automation to more than 400 companies across process and discrete industries. Plex pioneered Cloud solutions for the shop floor, connecting suppliers, machines, people, systems and customers with capabilities that are easy to configure, deliver continuous innovation and reduce IT costs. With insight that starts on the production line, Plex helps companies see and understand every aspect of their business ecosystems, enabling them to lead in an ever-changing market. Learn more at www.plex.com.
Katy Teer, 586.601.6755
Sr. Manager, Corporate Communications