PINFA-NA Announces New Workshop: “Meeting Fire Safety Requirements in Surface Transportation”
By Business Wire News
The Phosphorus, Inorganic and Nitrogen Flame Retardants Association-North America (PINFA-NA) announces its fourth annual workshop, Meeting Fire Safety Requirements in Surface Transportation, on April 26th and 27th, 2016 in Montreal, Québec, CA. This year’s workshop will offer valuable insight into trends in the surface transportation industry that will affect the choice of flame retardants and materials in their role in transportation solutions. The workshop is also being co-organized by The National Research Council of Canada (NRC), Centre de Développement des Composites du Québec (CDCQ), Prima Quebec Advanced Materials Research and Innovation Hub (PRIMA QC) and the Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering (SAMPE).
Attendees will have an opportunity to hear presentations and panel discussions from transportation OEMs, their tier suppliers and regulatory experts regarding needs in the changing transportation industry.
- Fire Retardants Technologies
- Test Methods
- Environmental and Regulatory Updates
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Materials Technologies
DATE: April 26-27, 2016
LOCATION: Intercontinental Montreal 360, rue Saint-Antoine Ouest Montréal (Québec) H2Y 3X4 Canada
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: OEMs; Designers; Manufacturing; Market Development; Supply Chain; Regulatory, Green Chemistry & Transportation Industry
“The goal of this workshop is bring together a diverse and knowledgeable group of speakers in order for stakeholders to learn about the latest fire safety developments of materials and components for the automotive, bus and rail industries,” said Tim Reilly (Clariant and Pinfa-NA). “Global population growth, improved technology, energy consumption and environmental concerns will drive considerable change in transportation for future decades. The workshop attendee will gain information and insight concerning the future needs of the North American transportation market.”
Program Speakers and Presentations Include:
- Alex Morgan, Ph.D., University of Dayton Research Institute, Primer: “Fire Retardant Materials: Fire Science, FRs, FR Materials & Testing”
- Valerio Izquierdo, CTT Group, Primer: “Current Fire Test Requirements for Rail, Bus and Automotive”
- Martin Bigras, Bombardier, “New Material Development for Rail Applications”
- Sergei Levchik, ICL & Marcelo Hirschler, GBH International “Fire Safety and Technical Considerations for Evolving Technology Within the Global Automotive Industry”
- Rick Pauer, Polynt Composites, “Halogen Free Intumescent FR solutions for Rail & Bus Mass Transportation”
- Ralph Buoniconti, Sabic IP, “Lighter, Stronger, & Compliant: Advanced Thermoplastic Materials for Automotive, Rail & Bus Transportation”
- TBA- “Fire Retardant, low smoke Wire & Cable for Mass Transportation Applications”
- Mark Townsley, Composites Innovation Centre, “Recent Development in Composites for Mass Transportation”
- Damien Maillard, PhD, National Research Council Canada, “Fire Propagation and Smoke Density Control in Natural Fibers Composites”
- Maxime Lemerise, Bombardier, “Fire Safety and Controlled Substance Requirements in North America Rail Transportation”
- Mike Siegel, Alpha Ownen-Cornings (AOC), “The Chemistry Behind Fire & Smoke – Formulating with Fire Safety with Composites”
- TBA-“The Impact of Electrical and Electronics in Mass Transportation on Fire Safety”
- TBA-“Automotive, Rail & Bus: Achieving Green Mobility for Future Generations”
About Pinfa-NA (www.pinfa-na.org)
Pinfa-NA (Phosphorus, Inorganic and Nitrogen Flame Retardants Association – North America) is a non-profit trade organization that brings together manufacturers of flame-retardants plastics, major end users and regulatory organizations for the advancement of green FR technologies. The organization supports fire safety through innovative, reliable and sustainable fire performance solutions, using products based on halogen free phosphorus (P), nitrogen (N) and inorganic compound (metal ions, hydroxides). Pinfa-NA is the North American sister group of Pinfa (www.pinfa.org), a Sector Group of Cefic (the European Chemical Industry Council).
About SAMPE (www.sampe.org)
The Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering (SAMPE®) is a global professional member society, that provides information on new materials and processing technology either via conferences, exhibitions, technical forums, publications, or books in which professionals in this field can exchange ideas.
About NRC (www.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca)
The National Research Council of Canada (NRC) is the Government of Canada’s premier research and technology organization (RTO). Working with clients and partners, we provide innovation support, strategic research, scientific and technical services.
About CDCQ (www.cdcq.qc.ca)
The Quebec Composites Development Centre (CDCQ) Cégep Saint-Jérôme contributes to technological and economic development of Quebec and Canada. The CDCQ is one of 46 CCTT (college technology transfer center) of Quebec supported as such by the Ministry of Higher Education, Research, Science and Technology (MESRST).
About PRIMA-QC (www.prima.ca)
Financed by the Ministry of Economic Development, Innovation and Export Trade (MEIE) and its members, PRIMA QUÉBEC has made it its objective to strengthen collaborative innovation in the field of advanced materials in order to enrich Quebec’s research expertise and increase the competitiveness of Quebec companies.
For more information on PINFA-NA or the workshop contact: Debbie Wagner at 908-832-2207 or email email@example.com
- Global Industrial Labels Market Worth USD 51.0 Billion by 2020 – Analysis, Technologies & Forecasts 2015-2020 – Key Vendors: 3M, Fuji Seal International & Saint Gobain SA – Research and Markets
- EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) Market by Application & Regional Analysis – Trends & Forecast to 2020 – Research and Markets