Pelican BioThermal Launches New Chronos™ Express Single Use Shipper
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
Pelican BioThermal unveils its new single use shipper system, the latest in its range of innovative temperature-controlled packaging solutions servicing the global market. Available in 6L, 12L, 28L, 56L and 96L volumes and covering temperature ranges +2C to +8C and +15C to +25C, Chronos Express sets new standards in this global, competitive market.
“We are thrilled to launch our new Chronos Express,” said David Williams, president of Pelican BioThermal. “Its development shows clearly how our Chronos single use shipper range is evolving. This launch follows our successful introduction of Chronos Advance to the global market. Chronos Express offers the same high performance plus the speed and ease with which the product can be assembled, making for a cost effective option.”
Designed by the specialist engineering team at Pelican BioThermal, the new single use shipper was created to meet customer demand for a high performance, shorter duration product with many of the features of Chronos™ Advance, making it ideal for deliveries within Europe or mainland U.S.
The resulting Chronos Express product demonstrates how the Chronos’ unique design capabilities are available throughout the product range to cover all customer requirements in terms of load and duration.
The key benefits of the Chronos Express include:
- Consistent temperature stability in excess of 72 hours
- Industry leading payload to external volume ratios, reducing storage and distribution costs
- Quick, simple and error free packing process though single temperature, one size CoolPhase PCM coolants
- CoolPhase PCM coolants are interchangeable between Chronos Express and Chronos Advance ranges
- High performance foam and PCM technology reduces excursions and increases compliance
- Hibernation can be achieved at any point during transit by placing the shipper into control range storage.
“This latest product development reinforces our commitment to offering the most robust and efficient temperature-controlled packing solutions for the cold chain market worldwide,” said Williams.
The Chronos Express is the latest addition to Pelican BioThermal’s full suite of products and services which offer longevity, reusability and sustainability to provide the safe transport of pharmaceuticals, tissue, diagnostics/clinical trials, vaccines and blood samples. These include:
- Chronos™ Advance – arange of high performance single-use shipping systems, utilizing advanced insulation and phase change materials.
- Crēdo Cube™, Crēdo Duracube™ and Crēdo™ PROMED – Reusable thermal cases that protect payload contents at defined temperatures longer than any other passive thermal shipper
- Crēdo Xtreme™ – a full and half pallet (durable hard shell) of the Crēdo Cube which holds 406 and 890 liters and offers the same industry-leading temperature control duration
- CoolPall™ Vertos – a high performance single-use bulk freight forwarding solution taken to the next level, designed as a flat pack, easily assembled product.
- Sherpa™ – Robust, off the shelf, cost effective, pre-qualified, temperature controlled packaging solutions
- Crēdo ProEnvision™ – Next generation asset management software
Chronos Express will be available to order in mid-October 2015. For more information about Chronos Express, please visit http://PelicanBioThermal.com.
Pelican Products, Inc. is a portfolio company of Behrman Capital, a private equity investment firm based in New York and San Francisco.
About Pelican BioThermal
Pelican BioThermal LLC (a division of Pelican Products, Inc.) offers the widest range of temperature-controlled; thermally protect packaging and service solutions to the global life sciences industry. Their products ensure that delicate biological materials arrive intact and effective, despite exterior environments. Pelican BioThermal™ is dedicated to developing innovative products designed to fulfill the complex needs of the global life sciences industry. The company’s customers benefit from extensive expertise in ensuring that temperature stability is maintained throughout the distribution chain. They also offer a complete portfolio of services and software to support end-to-end temperature-controlled packaging asset management. In Europe, the company does business under the name Peli BioThermal™ Limited.
BLASTmedia for Pelican BioThermalTM
Anna Julow Roolf, 317-806-1900 x134