OKI Releases Environmental Report 2015
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
OKI (TOKYO:6703) today released both English- and Chinese-language versions of its “OKI Group Environmental Report 2015,” a publication intended to clearly present to stakeholders the company’s environmental efforts and results for fiscal year 2014. In light of rapidly changing current conditions and the ever-growing significance of environmental management, the report also updates information focusing on environmental efforts from fiscal 2015. The document is scheduled to be published in PDF format on the OKI website at noon.
This report describes important themes for the OKI Group environmental management which is also an area of interest for stakeholders and the general public. The Special Feature in this issue covers OKI Group’s commitment to efforts to realize low-carbon societies through the products applying OKI’s distinctive technologies, including mechatronics products, printers, and the 920 MHz band wireless multi-hop communication systems. The report also describes other efforts and results, including chemical substance management using products, efforts to reduce environmental impact in business activities, and efforts to improve quality.
This report has been edited to create a better understanding of the OKI Group’s environmental efforts among stakeholders and the general public. The OKI Group will continue to incorporate the voices of its stakeholders and the general public into environmental initiatives as part of its continuing efforts to reduce environmental impact.
Outlined below are the highlights of the Environmental Report 2015:
• Special Features: “Realization of low-carbon societies” through Products
The 21st Conference of the Parties (COP21) to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change is held on December 2015, and the countermeasures against global warming have increased the significance. Comprised of the three articles below, this special feature discusses the OKI Group’s commitment to efforts to realize low-carbon societies through its various products.
- Successfully Reducing CO2 Emissions in Mechatronics Products
- Developing Printers to Meet International Environmental Standards and Global Customer Needs
- World’s First Water / Energy Conservation through Remote Control Systems in Restrooms
• Reducing Environmental Impact in Products and Business Activities
This section explains the efforts for prevention of pollution through products and business activities and optimization of invested materials.
“Prevention of Pollution” through Products
- Strict Chemical Substance Management Including Packaging Materials
- Tackling Various Issues for Chemical Substance Management in Products
- Know-how to Continuously Monitor the Environmental Data in Business Locations
Reducing Environmental Impact in Business Activities
- Challenge for Reducing the Environmental Impact of Printed Circuit Board Manufacturing
- Cross-functional Committee on Global Warming Prevention Promotion
- Responses to Environmental Pollution, etc.
• OKI Group Environmental Management System
• Consideration for the Environment – Detailed Data
About OKI Electric Industry (OKI)
Founded in 1881, OKI Electric Industry is Japan’s leading telecommunications manufacturer in the Info-telecom field. Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, OKI provides top-quality products, technologies, and solutions to customers through its info-telecom systems and printer operations. Its various business divisions function synergistically to bring to market exciting new products and technologies that meet a wide range of customer needs in various sectors. Visit OKI’s global website at http://www.oki.com/.
- The names of the companies and products mentioned in this document are the trademarks or registered trademarks of the respective companies and organizations.
OKI Electric Industry
Mayuko Noto, +81-3-3501-3835