NI Enhances Hardware-in-the-Loop Software for Testing the Latest Generation of Embedded Control Systems
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
NI (Nasdaq: NATI), the provider of platform-based systems that enable engineers and scientists to solve the world’s greatest engineering challenges, today released the latest version of its VeriStand software, which embedded software design and test engineers use to develop hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) test systems. Today’s engineers face increasingly compressed, shifting schedules and constantly changing requirements driven by the integration of new technologies. VeriStand and NI’s HIL systems are the most open and customizable platforms available on the market to help companies meet these changing demands and future proof their test systems.
Engineers take advantage of VeriStand software’s out-of-the-box functionality and customizability to speed up real-time test system development and tackle the increasing complexity of embedded software as newer technologies like advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), automotive radar and fly-by-wire become commonplace in embedded control systems. Users can:
- Configure a real-time engine to execute tasks such as real-time simulation, stimulus generation, data acquisition for high-speed and conditioned measurements and calculated and custom-scaled channels.
- Extend and customize a system using LabVIEW software or a wide variety of programming environments.
- Create professional run-time editable user interfaces quickly that include tools for simulation model characterization, data logging and alarm monitoring. A completely redesigned UI manager helps ensure maximum efficiency when developing and executing real-time tests.
“This release of NI VeriStand enhances the real-time test platform to help reduce risk and cost for embedded software test across a spectrum of applications,” said Chad Chesney, vice president of data acquisition and embedded systems at NI. “With the openness and flexibility of a software-first approach, engineers can meet the demands of rapidly expanding test requirements for HIL systems both today and in the future.”
NI VeriStand combines real-time simulation, data acquisition, communication protocols and control into a common platform for the most complete HIL test software on the market today. The software now supports the industry standard ASAM XIL API and can be extended further to include technologies such as FPGA, RF and vision. Users can integrate simulation environments such as IPG Carmaker to test ECUs for the latest embedded software trends such as ADAS and autonomous vehicles.
Since 1976, NI (www.ni.com) has made it possible for engineers and scientists to solve the world’s greatest engineering challenges with powerful platform-based systems that accelerate productivity and drive rapid innovation. Customers from a wide variety of industries – from healthcare to automotive and from consumer electronics to particle physics – use NI’s integrated hardware and software platform to improve the world we live in.
LabVIEW, National Instruments, NI, ni.com and NI VeriStand are trademarks of National Instruments. Other product and company names listed are trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.
Beth Williams, 512-683-6394
- Global Pesticide & Other Agricultural Chemicals Market Analytics Report 2016 – Trends, Technologies & Forecasts – Key Vendors: Syngenta, Bayer, BASF – Research and Markets
- Praxair Kicks-Off Second Year of Skills Pipeline Workforce Development Program in Louisiana; Providing More Than $200,000 in Scholarships