New Sewer and Stormwater Offerings Advance Quality and Productivity of Civil Design Workflows Based on Bentley Solutions
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
Bentley Systems, Incorporated, a leading global provider of comprehensive software solutions for sustaining infrastructure, today announced the general access of its new SewerGEMS, SewerCAD, StormCAD, and CivilStormV8i (SELECTseries 5) products for the analysis and design of wastewater and stormwater systems. In addition to being available as stand-alone applications and to running on CAD and GIS platforms, the V8i (SELECTseries 5) sewer and stormwater products can now be used from within the V8i (SELECTseries 4) versions of OpenRoads-based products – combining 3D design and hydraulic analysis capabilities in the same platform. The resulting comprehensive civil solution eliminates the need for extra import/export steps or file conversions.
Commenting on the new releases, Chris Haines, senior civil engineer and PAR-BIM technical lead, Drainage & Utilities, Parsons, said, “The integration of Bentley’s OpenRoads civil design functionality with the advanced capabilities of Bentley’s storm and sewer analysis products will be a huge benefit to productivity and quality for our highway drainage design workflows.”
Gregg Herrin, Bentley Systems director of product management, hydraulics and hydrology, said, “With these new releases, the automated hydraulic design functionality of our sewer and storm products can be effortlessly combined with the 3D physical design and terrain modeling capabilities of Bentley’s other civil products. From an information mobility standpoint, this has a direct and substantial positive impact on roadway, site, and municipal work where hydraulic engineering is just one part of a much larger project.”
Bentley’s SewerGEMS, SewerCAD, StormCAD, and CivilStorm V8i (SELECTseries 5) products provide the following capabilities:
- Ground elevations from terrain models may be used during automated design runs to consider “cover” along a pipe’s length, improving decision making related to system design.
- Terrain model elevations can also now be added to profiles, improving the resulting visualization and the user’s understanding of the physical network.
- New low-impact development (LID) elements are now available, making it easier to model a wider range of controls for stormwater management.
- With the new lateral link element, engineers can include lateral pipes in their hydraulic analysis without creating “fake” elements where the laterals connect to the main pipe.
- Easy access to the Bentley Communities professional networking site is embedded within the applications, facilitating communications between users and Bentley’s hydraulic modeling experts.
- Users of any of these SELECTseries 5 releases now benefit from the products’ support of MicroStation V8i (SELECTseries 3), OpenRoads V8i (SELECTseries 4), AutoCAD 2015 and 2016, and ArcGIS 10.2 and 10.3 (SewerGEMS only), giving them the ability to model from within the latest MicroStation, OpenRoads, AutoCAD, or ArcGIS version.
For additional information about:
- SewerGEMS or SewerCAD V8i (SELECTseries 5), click here.
- StormCAD or CivilStorm V8i (SELECTseries 5), click here.
To learn more about the SewerGEMS, SewerCAD, StormCAD and/or CivilStorm V8i (SELECTseries 5) products, view this webinar on demand.
To download a high-resolution image of:
About Bentley Systems
Bentley Systems is a global leader in providing architects, engineers, geospatial professionals, constructors, and owner-operators with comprehensive software solutions for advancingthe design, construction, and operations of infrastructure. Bentley users leverage information mobility across disciplines and throughout the infrastructure lifecycle to deliver better-performing projects and assets. Bentley solutions encompass MicroStation applications for information modeling, ProjectWise collaboration services to deliver integrated projects, and AssetWise operations services to achieve intelligent infrastructure – complemented by worldwide professional services and comprehensive managed services.
Founded in 1984, Bentley has more than 3,000 colleagues in over 50 countries, more than $600 million in annual revenues, and since 2008 has invested more than $1 billion in research, development, and acquisitions.
Additional information about Bentley is available at www.bentley.com and in Bentley’s annual report. For Bentley news as it happens, subscribe to an RSS feed of Bentley press releases and news alerts. Visit The Year in Infrastructure 2015 Conference website for highlights of Bentley’s premier thought-leadership event, being held November 3-5, 2015, in London, U.K. To view a searchable collection of innovative infrastructure projects from the annual Be Inspired Awards, access Bentley’s Infrastructure Yearbooks. To access a professional networking site that enables members of the infrastructure community to connect, communicate, and learn from each other, visit Bentley Communities.
To download the Bentley Infrastructure 500 Top Owners ranking, a unique global compendium of the top public- and private-sector owners of infrastructure based on the value of their cumulative infrastructure investments, visit BI 500.
Bentley, the “B” Bentley logo, Be, SELECT, SewerGEMS, SewerCAD, CivilStorm, CivilCAD, OpenRoads, MicroStation, and ProjectWise are either registered or unregistered trademarks or service marks of Bentley Systems, Incorporated or one of its direct or indirect wholly owned subsidiaries. All other brands and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.