Minnesota’s Medical Alley Raises Record-Setting $434.9 Million in 2015
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
Minnesota’s Medical Alley experienced its third year of record-level investment, with health technology companies raising $434.9 million in 2015. Detailed in the Medical Alley Association’s “2015 Annual Investment Report,” published today, this continued investment growth brings Minnesota funding to $1.2 billion over the past three years.
“This level of funding is a testament to Minnesota’s position as a global leader,” said Cheryl Matter, Ph.D., vice president of intelligence and research with the Medical Alley Association. “These investments help ensure that companies across the state and region continue to innovate and set new standards in health technology.”
Key findings in the 2015 annual investment report include:
- Investment in Medical Alley continues to grow with companies securing $1.2B in health technology investments from 2013-2015 ($346.2M, $430.9M, and $434.9M respectively).
- Investment in digital health is still climbing, with total dollars invested in 2015 up 373% from 2012.
- Medical device companies secure third year of $300M+ in investments bringing in nearly $1B dollars from 2013-2015.
- Investments skyrocket in Q4 2015, closing the year with the best quarter on record ($189M) since Q2 2009.
- 2015 brings record highs in the number of both large investment deals ($7M+) and first-time financings.
To download the full report, visit: http://bit.ly/2015InvestmentReport.
About Medical Alley Association investment reports
Medical Alley Association’s investment reports provide detailed analyses of fundraising done by Minnesota-based health technology (drug, device, diagnostic and digital health) companies. As a summation of development capital from all sources including angel, strategic, venture and debt, it is widely recognized as the most complete analysis of health technology investment in Minnesota. As a global leader, Medical Alley investment reports provide market intelligence and insight on local investment trends relevant to the broader industry.
About the Medical Alley Association
The Medical Alley Association is a global leader in industry advocacy, stakeholder connectivity and content delivery which help power the evolution of healthcare in supporting members so they may innovate, succeed and influence the global community. By driving policy, delivering actionable intelligence and connecting members with critical resources, we work to ensure that Minnesota’s Medical Alley remains the world’s strongest health technology community. The Association’s membership and supporting community extends throughout the world, employing more than 300,000 Minnesotans and many more globally. For more information, visit www.medicalalley.org.
Tess Donahue, 952-746-3847