Lawson Products Launches Kent Automotive Aluminum Repair Solutions
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
Lawson Products, Inc. (NASDAQ:LAWS), a distributor of products and services to the MRO and automotive marketplaces, today announced the launch of Aluminum Repair Solutions under its Kent Automotive brand.
Kent Automotive Aluminum Repair Solutions is the single-source for aluminum repair materials, offering a full line of OEM-quality, specialized products, expertise, and education for collision centers and auto body repair shops in the US and Canada.
“With the growth in aluminum-intensive vehicle design comes a subsequent rise in the repair market,” said Michael DeCata, president and chief executive officer, Lawson Products. “We’re helping our automotive customers leverage the aluminum repair market opportunity, wherever they are in their aluminum readiness — whether building capacity now or planning for the next three to five years.”
Collision repair and body shop professionals need to be prepared to repair increasingly complex aluminum and mixed-material vehicles, which require specific training and dedicated tools and equipment for complete, safe and quality repairs.
“Early movers with a high-quality approach, and clean, safe shops are already carving out market share in aluminum repair,” said Matt Brown, vice president, field sales, Lawson Products. “They’ll benefit from word of mouth advertising.”
In addition to its optimized inventory management services, Kent Automotive offers storage solutions, welding and safety equipment and a wide range of products that are designed for use on aluminum as follows:
5 Steps to Aluminum Repair
- Disassembly: Remove OEM-applied coatings and seam sealers with Kent Automotive’s mechanical abrasives and chemical products to reveal bare aluminum in the damaged area.
- Preparation: Properly condition the aluminum surface by thoroughly cleaning it with Kent Automotive’s line of chemical and abrasive products.
- Fastening: Kent Automotive’s crash-tested adhesives, OEM-style specialty rivets and seam sealers ensure proper rivet bonding and match OEM-quality for aluminum panel replacement.
- Finishing: Restore OEM-quality protection with Kent Automotive’s complete line of specialty finishing products.
- Corrosion Protection: Prevent galvanic corrosion by insulating and isolating aluminum body panels from steel fasteners and steel surfaces. Restores vehicle back to OEM standards when following the procedures needed to meet OEM requirements.
About Lawson Products, Inc.
Founded in 1952, Lawson Products (NASDAQ: LAWS) is an industrial distributor of maintenance and repair products. Lawson carries a comprehensive line of products and provides inventory management services to the industrial, commercial, institutional and government maintenance, repair and operations (MRO) market. With five strategically located distribution centers in North America, Lawson ships to customers in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. Under its Kent Automotive brand, the Company supplies products to collision and mechanical repair shops as well as automotive OEMs. For additional information, please visit https://www.lawsonproducts.com or https://www.kent-automotive.com.
Lawson Products, Inc.
Julie Baron, 847-525-3043