IXYS Introduces New Power Modules, Series E2 and E3, With PressFit-Pins and Phase Change Material
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
IXYS Corporation (NASDAQ:IXYS), a leader in power semiconductors and HVIC technologies for energy efficient products used in power conversion, motor control, medical and transportation applications introduces a new family of power modules, series E2 and E3, with PressFit-Pins (PFP) connector technology. The E2/E3 family represents a compact power platform with the standard 17mm height that provides optimal high power density and excellent thermal conductivity.
The new design for the E2/E3 with PressFit-Pins gives highest reliability for the application. It allows the designer a flexible construction without the need of soldering to a PCB. The IXYS PFP design is ‘pin’ compatible with other standard PressFit-Pins E2/E3 packages in the market.
The first products available are three phase rectifiers with or without brake units plus singular break units that include an integrated temperature sensor. Soon IXYS will introduce IGBT modules that are compatible with these rectifier modules.
All these modules are available with a Phase Change Material (PCM) option on the copper backside. This eliminates the need for thermal grease in attaching the modules to the compatible heatsink.
The isolation voltage for the modules is 4 kV and the maximum junction temperature is at 175 degrees C. The reverse voltage range for the input rectifier goes from 1600V up to 2200V.
With these products, IXYS provides the designer a highly flexible, reliable and efficient solution thereby facilitating higher power densities, greater material efficiency, lower systems cost and lower weight in motor control, soft starter, UPS or input rectification applications.
The following products are in production and available:
- MDMA210UB1600PTED – 3~rectifier with brake unit; IDAV = 210A, VRRM = 1600 V; E2-Pack.
- MDNA210UB2200PTED – 3~rectifier with brake unit; IDAV = 210A, VRRM = 2200 V; E2-Pack.
- MDMA280UB1600PTED – 3~rectifier with brake unit; IDAV = 280A, VRRM = 1600 V; E2-Pack.
- MDNA280UB2200PTED – 3~rectifier with brake unit; IDAV = 280A, VRRM = 2200 V; E2-Pack.
- MDMA360UB1600PTED – 3~rectifier with brake unit; IDAV = 360A, VRRM = 1600 V; E2-Pack.
- MDNA360UB2200PTED – 3~rectifier with brake unit; IDAV = 360A, VRRM = 2200 V; E2-Pack.
- MDMA450UB1600PTED – 3~rectifier with brake unit; IDAV = 450A, VRRM = 1600 V; E2-Pack.
- MDNA450UB2200PTED – 3~rectifier with brake unit; IDAV = 450A, VRRM = 2200 V; E2-Pack.
- MDMA660U1600PTEH – 3~rectifier bridge; IDAV = 660A, VRRM = 1600 V; E3-Pack.
- MDNA660U2200PTEH – 3~rectifier bridge; IDAV = 660A, VRRM = 2200 V; E3-Pack.
- MDMA900U1600PTEH – 3~rectifier bridge; IDAV = 900A, VRRM = 1600 V; E3-Pack.
- MDNA900U2200PTEH – 3~rectifier bridge; IDAV = 900A, VRRM = 2200 V; E3-Pack.
- MIXA200RF1200PTED – Brake unit; IC = 200A, VCES = 1200 V; E2-Pack.
- MIXA300RF1200PTED – Brake unit; IC = 300A, VCES = 1200 V; E2-Pack.
- MITA300RF1700PTEH – Brake unit; IC = 300A, VCES = 1700 V; E3-Pack.
For more information on the ComPack Module please refer to www.IXYS.comor contact your nearest IXYS sales office.
About IXYS Corporation
Since its founding, IXYS Corporation has been developing power semiconductors and mixed signal ICs to improve power conversion efficiency, generate solar and wind power and provide efficient motor control for industrial applications. IXYS and its subsidiary companies offer a diversified product base that addresses worldwide needs for power control in the growing cleantech industries, renewable energy markets, telecommunications, medical devices, transportation applications, flexible displays and RF power.
Safe Harbor Statement
Any statements contained in this press release that are not statements of historical fact, including the benefits, savings, efficiency, performance, features and suitability of products for various applications, may be deemed to be forward-looking statements. There are a number of important factors that could cause the results of IXYS to differ materially from those indicated by these forward-looking statements, including, among others, risks detailed from time to time in the Company’s SEC reports, including its Form 10-Q for the quarter ended December 31, 2014. The Company undertakes no obligation to publicly release the results of any revisions to these forward-looking statements.
Holger Ostmann, +49 6206 503564