Intel Honors 21 Companies with Preferred Quality Supplier and Achievement Awards
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
SANTA CLARA, Calif.
Intel Corporation today announced that 19 companies will receive the 2014 Intel Preferred Quality Supplier (PQS) award that recognizes commitment to performance excellence and continuous improvement. These companies achieve PQS status by demonstrating industry-leading commitment across all key performance focus areas: quality, cost, availability, technology, customer service, labor and ethics systems, and environmental sustainability.
In addition to the PQS award, Intel recognized two suppliers with the Supplier Achievement Award, which is a focused recognition for extraordinary accomplishments in one or more key performance areas. This year’s winners were acknowledged for exceptional results delivering leading-edge technology solutions and excellence in product availability to meet Intel’s evolving needs as an industry leader. The 2014 PQS and Achievement winners will be honored at a ceremony tonight in Santa Clara, California.
“Intel is excited to acknowledge our Preferred Quality Suppliers for their outstanding performance in 2014 to deliver industry-leading technology with world-class cost, velocity and sustainability,” said Robert Bruck, vice president and general manager of Global Supply Management at Intel. “The innovation and cooperation of these suppliers remains one of the crucial factors in enabling Intel to extend our industry-leading silicon, packaging and test technologies, to enhance value to our customers.”
“2014 was a really pivotal year when our efforts to ramp new technologies and innovative products culminated in achieving positive momentum across all product categories,” added Jacklyn Sturm, vice president, Technology and Manufacturing Group and general manager of Global Supply Management at Intel. “ We could not have done this without Intel’s Preferred Quality Supplier Award winners working alongside us, tackling complex technical and supply chain challenges with market speed, with innovative solutions and sometimes, just exceptionally hard, flawless execution. Thank you for your unfaltering support toward your customer’s success.”
The PQS award is part of Intel’s Supplier Continuous Quality Improvement (SCQI) program that encourages suppliers to innovate and continually improve. To qualify for PQS status, suppliers must exceed high expectations and uncompromising performance goals while scoring at least 80 percent on an integrated report card that assesses performance throughout the year. Suppliers must also achieve 80 percent or greater on a challenging continuous improvement plan and demonstrate solid quality and business systems.
Additional information about the SCQI program is available at www.intel.com/go/quality.
The PQS winners provide Intel with the following products or services:
- Amkor Technology Inc.*: wafer probe, wafer bump, assembly, final testing services
- Applied Materials Inc*: wafer fab capital equipment, mask capital equipment, fab automation software and services
- ASML*: semiconductor lithography equipment
- Daifuku*: automated material handling systems
- Entegris Inc.*: contamination control, critical materials handling and advanced process materials
- Fujifilm Electronic Materials*: process and formulated chemicals, developers, slurry, precursors and resist
- Fujimi Corporation*: chemical mechanical planarization and silicon polishing slurries
- Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company Inc.*: high purity peroxide and custom back end cleans
- ModusLink Global Solutions Inc.*: channel box CPU for Penang, Shanghai, Miami and finished goods warehouse distribution for Miami
- Murata Machinery Ltd.*: automated material handling systems, hoist vehicles and stockers
- Nikon Corporation*: semiconductor lithography systems for technology development and high volume manufacturing
- Shin Etsu Handotai Co. Ltd.*: silicon wafers
- Shinko Electric Industries Co., Ltd.*: plastic laminated packages and heat spreaders
- Siliconware Precision Industries Co. Ltd.*: semiconductor assembly and test services
- Siltronic AG*: polished and epitaxial silicon wafers
- Taiyo Yuden Co. Ltd.*: ceramic capacitors, inductors, and filters
- Tokyo Electron Limited*: coater/developer, dry etch systems, wet etch systems, thermal processing systems, deposition systems and test systems
- Tokyo Ohka Kogyo Co. Ltd*: high purity photo resists, developers, cleaning solutions and supporting chemistries
- Veolia North America*: waste management services
The Supplier Achievement Award winners are:
- ASM International*: front end equipment manufacturer (recognizing extraordinary results in leading-edge technology solutions)
- GE Water and Process Technologies*: UPW & wastewater recycle/reuse equipment and services (recognizing extraordinary results in product availability)
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) is a world leader in computing innovation. The company designs and builds the essential technologies that serve as the foundation for the world’s computing devices. As a leader in corporate responsibility and sustainability, Intel also manufactures the world’s first commercially available “conflict-free” microprocessors. Additional information about Intel is available at newsroom.intel.com and blogs.intel.com, and about Intel’s conflict-free efforts at conflictfree.intel.com.
Intel and the Intel logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.
*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Chuck Mulloy, 408-765-3484