Intel Honors 11 Companies With Supplier Continuous Quality Improvement Award
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
SANTA CLARA, Calif.
Intel Corporation today announced the 11 winners of the company’s most prestigious award for suppliers, the Supplier Continuous Quality Improvement (SCQI) award. These companies set themselves apart from the thousands of suppliers that work with Intel by demonstrating industry-leading results and commitment across all critical focus areas on which they are measured: quality, cost, availability, technology, customer service, labor and ethics systems, and environmental sustainability.
This honor, which recognizes outstanding dedication to broad performance excellence, distinguishes these suppliers as truly world class within Intel’s supply chain. This elite group of top-performing suppliers is truly exceptional and makes major contributions to Intel’s technology leadership, affordability and customer responsiveness. Providing products and services deemed essential to Intel’s business success, the 2014 winners help Intel “Innovate to Deliver Smart and Connected Devices,” which is the theme of the ceremony tonight in Santa Clara, California, where these suppliers will be honored.
“Intel’s SCQI award winners lead the industry in innovation, affordability, agility, customer responsiveness and environmental sustainability,” said William Holt, executive vice president and general manager of Intel’s Technology and Manufacturing Group. “We are proud to acknowledge their superb achievements and continuous quality improvement. We thank the award winners for their vital role and collaboration in our world-class supply chain.”
The SCQI award is part of Intel’s SCQI program, which encourages Intel’s key suppliers to strive for best-in-class levels of excellence and continuous improvement. To qualify for SCQI status, suppliers must exceed the highest expectations and aggressive performance goals while scoring at least 95 percent on an integrated report card that assesses performance throughout the year. Suppliers must also achieve 90 percent or greater on a challenging improvement plan and demonstrate outstanding quality and business systems.
Additional information about the SCQI program is available at www.intel.com/go/quality.
The SCQI winners provide Intel with the following products or services:
- Cabot Microelectronics Corporation*: CMP slurries and CMP pads
- Daewon Semiconductor Packaging Industrial Co. Ltd.*: plastic injection molded tray (PIMT) media for bare die automation, substrate transport, device assembly and test, final shipping and storage, bare die tape and reel (BDTR) media for bare die transport
- Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation*: dry etching, ashing, metrology and advanced packaging systems
- Hitachi Kokusai Electric Inc.*: thermal thin film processing solution system
- IBIDEN Co. Ltd.*: substrate packaging materials
- JSR Corporation*: advanced photoresists, packaging materials and CMP Materials
- Moses Lake Industries (Tama Chemicals)*: plating, lithography, cleans and reagent chemicals
- Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd.*: multilayer ceramic capacitors, inductors and electromagnetic interference components, SAW filters, and RF modules
- Senju Metal Industry Co. Ltd*: soldering materials (sphere, flux, paste)
- SUMCO Corporation*: 200mm and 300mm epitaxial and polished silicon wafers
- Tosoh Quartz Inc.*: quartzware for semiconductor wafer processing equipment
Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) is a world leader in computing innovation. The company designs and builds the essential technologies that serve as the foundation for the world’s computing devices. As a leader in corporate responsibility and sustainability, Intel also manufactures the world’s first commercially available “conflict-free” microprocessors. Additional information about Intel is available at newsroom.intel.com and blogs.intel.com, and about Intel’s conflict-free efforts at conflictfree.intel.com.
Intel and the Intel logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.
* Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Chuck Mulloy, 408-765-3484