IHS Launches WorldView 2.0 to Meet the Needs of the Global Automotive Aftermarket
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
LAS VEGAS & SOUTHFIELD, Mich.
The global population of cars and light trucks is expected to grow 27 percent within the next seven years, according to industry analysts at IHS Automotive, part of IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS) and a leading source of critical information and insight to the global automotive industry.
To address the ever-changing dynamics and needs of the global automotive aftermarket to service those vehicles, IHS Automotive will unveil its WorldView 2.0 this week during the annual Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo (AAPEX), November 2-5, 2015 in Las Vegas. The solution includes significant updates and usability improvements over the first generation of the global automotive aftermarket solutions platform including:
- OEM platform and program coding – supplements the global make/model search capability for easier identification of global vehicle equivalents
- Graphical user interface with dashboards – provides quick access to frequently asked questions about global VIO, forecasts, and average vehicle age
- Workflow-based organization of functionality – focused work areas based on user profiles
- More intuitive query building for faster data navigation – allowing users to develop analytics faster and easier
- More flexible data export capability – once analysis is formatted via query building and cross-tab functionality, provides the ability to export identical format into Excel or CSV
WorldView is the industry’s most complete resource for analyzing vehicles in operation, and both aftermarket and original equipment parts intelligence. It offers the only single-sourced comprehensive solution for global business planning support.
“As the global automotive aftermarket has evolved, we have identified new opportunities to provide our customers with additional insight that helps them navigate and identify new business opportunities – across the entire aftermarket value chain,” said Mark Seng, global aftermarket practice leader at IHS Automotive. “WorldView 2.0 offers the most comprehensive view of the global vehicle market in terms that our customers can relate to – in a format that is easier to use than ever before.”
IHS Automotive provides detailed VIO data for more than 95 percent of the vehicles around the world. The complete WorldView 2.0 offering allows customers the ability to garner a broad range of information on various aspects of the aftermarket through one unique solution. Information available to users includes:
- Global Vehicles in Operation (VIO) — Vehicle population figures for over 100 markets around the world.
- Global VIO Forecasts — providing the ability to trend the data historically and into the future.
- OE Parts Research — OE part numbers, specifications and vehicle fitment details
- Aftermarket Industry Standards (ACES, TecDoc) — helping bridge across part numbers and vehicle population counts to provide the most accurate account of fitment opportunities
- OE/Aftermarket Parts Catalog Analysis — analyze catalog coverage against both the OEM and the VIO.
- OEM Program and Platform Code Visibility – identify global vehicle equivalents around the world.
Data-driven solutions from IHS Automotive help users maximize market share, identify emerging market trends, optimize inventory and product management, – locally, globally or somewhere in between. WorldView 2.0 is available now and will be highlighted within the IHS Automotive exhibit during the show. Demonstrations will take place in the IHS Automotive exhibit, Booth #4676 at the Sands Expo Center.
About IHS Automotive(www.ihs.com/automotive)
IHS Automotive, part of IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS), offers clients the most comprehensive content and deepest expertise and insight on the automotive industry available anywhere in the world today. With the integration of Polk in 2013, IHS Automotive provides expertise and predictive insight across the entire automotive value chain from product inception—across design and production—to the sales and marketing efforts used to maximize potential in the marketplace. No other source provides a more complete picture of the global automotive industry. IHS is the leading source of information, insight and analytics in critical areas that shape today’s business landscape. IHS has been in business since 1959 and became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange in 2005. Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, USA, IHS is committed to sustainable, profitable growth and employs about 8,800 people in 32 countries around the world.
IHS is a registered trademark of IHS Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners. © 2015 IHS Inc. All rights reserved.