IEEE Power & Energy Society Awards Acknowledge Key Contributions at Its 2015 General Meeting
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
IEEE, the world’s largest professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for humanity, today announced the recipients of the 2015 IEEE Power & Energy Society (PES) Society-Level Awards, who were recognized at its annual Awards Ceremony during their General Meeting on Tuesday, 28 July 2015 in Denver, CO.
The IEEE PES Society-Level Awards recognize and credit important technical, educational and service contributions by the global power and energy community. More than 375 colleagues and their guests were in attendance to honor several outstanding achievements.
Full details of the awards categories, the 2015 winners and their achievements can be found online at: http://www.ieee-pes.org/ieee-pes-society-level-award-winners.
The 2015 IEEE PES Society-Level Awards categories and recipients include:
- IEEE PES Award for Excellence in Power Distribution Engineering
Elisabeth A. Tobin, Retired, Snohomish County PUD #1
- IEEE PES CSEE Yu-Hsiu Ku Electrical Engineering Award
Boming Zhang, Tsinghua University
- IEEE PES Cyril Veinott Electromechanical Energy Conversion Award
Babak Fahimi, University of Texas at Dallas
- IEEE PES Douglas M. Staszesky Distribution Automation Award
S.S. (Mani) Venkata, Alstom Grid, Inc.
- IEEE Power & Energy Society Leadership in Power Award
John Estey, Retired, ABB
- IEEE PES Meritorious Service Award
John D. McDonald, GE Digital Energy
- IEEE PES Nari Hingorani FACTS Award
Richard Piwko, GE Energy Consulting
- IEEE PES Outstanding Power Engineering Educator Award
Ross Baldick, The University of Texas at Austin
- IEEE PES Outstanding Young Engineer Award
Siddharth Suryanarayanan, Colorado State University
- IEEE PES Prabha S. Kundur Power System Dynamics and Control Award
Nelson Martins, CEPEL
- IEEE PES Student Prize Paper Award in Honor of T. Burke Hayes
Julien Thomas, ABB Switzerland Ltd
- IEEE PES Ramakumar Family Renewable Energy Excellence Award
Ziyad M. Salameh, University of Massachusetts Lowell
- IEEE PES Noberini Distinguished Contributions to Power Engineering Professionalism Award
John J. Paserba, Mitsubishi Electric Power Products
- IEEE PES Roy Billinton Power System Reliability Award
Murty P. Bhavaraju, Retired, PSE&G Consultant, PJM
- IEEE PES Uno Lamm High Voltage Direct Current Award
Rainer Marquardt, University of Bundeswehr/München
- IEEE PES Wanda Reder Pioneer in Power Award
Sandra Cecilia Vega Gómez, Instituto Costarricense de Electricidad (ICE)
- IEEE PES Working Group Recognition Award – Outstanding Standard or Guide
Haran C. Karmaker, Electric Machinery Committee
- IEEE PES Working Group Recognition Award – Technical Report
Jim O’Brien, Power System Relaying Committee
- IEEE PES Prize Paper Awards
Hugo N. Villegas and Dionysios C. Aliprantis, Purdue University;
Maren Kuschke and Kai Struntz, TU Berlin
- IEEE PES Outstanding Chapters Award
- Large Chapter Category: PES Seattle Chapter, Kevin Schneider, Chair
- Small Chapter Category: PES Croatia Chapter, Igor Kuzle, Chair
For more information on the IEEE PES Society-Level Awards, visit http://www.ieee-pes.org/pes-communities/awards.
To learn more about IEEE PES, visit us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/ieeepes, follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/ieee_pes, connect with us on LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/groups/IEEE-Power-Energy-Society-3792736.
About IEEE Power & Energy Society
The IEEE Power & Energy Society (PES) is the leading provider of scientific and engineering information on electric power & energy for the betterment of society and a trusted resource dedicated to the technical, informational, networking and professional development needs of its members. With over 32,000 members around the globe representing every facet of the electric power and energy industry, PES is at the forefront of the rapidly changing technological advancements that impact everyone’s future. PES celebrated its 125th year of service in 2009. Additional information on IEEE PES can be found at: http://www.ieee-pes.org.
IEEE, a large, global technical professional organization, is dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. Through its highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities, IEEE is the trusted voice on a wide variety of areas ranging from aerospace systems, computers and telecommunications to biomedical engineering, electric power and consumer electronics. Learn more at http://www.ieee.org.
IEEE Power & Energy Society (PES)
Maureen Dalton, Senior Manager Marketing, Communications & Membership