IEE Wins MPD CRT Display Replacement Contract for F15E Strike Eagle
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
VAN NUYS, Calif.
IEE, manufacturer of enhanced displays for the Military, was awarded the contract for a new 6×6 Multi-Purpose Display (MPD) for the F15E Strike Eagle Program. The contract was awarded through HEBCO, a premiere engineering technical services company, as the prime contractor.
As CRT components in existing F15 cockpit displays become obsolete, the Air Force went to Industry to source a suitable replacement though their Small Business Offices and support programs, such as the Design and Engineering Support Program (DESP III). HEBCO selected IEE as their supplier for key off the shelf display solutions that could replace the aging CRT with current LCD technology while still maintaining the same form, fit and function of the existing unit.
“We choose IEE because they have been qualified and fielded on a military fighter aircraft and have a developed product identical to our production configuration needs with only slight modification to the frame,” said Joel Ward, Program Manager at HEBCO.
“Our previous experience working with the F15 combined with our ability to quickly and accurately customize our off the shelf product, without changing mounting surfaces or re-wiring the airplane, put IEE a cut above the competition,” commented Tom Whinfrey, CEO of IEE.
Delivery of display assemblies is expected in early 2016.
- 6.25” x 6.25”, 24 bit color, AMLCD (1024×1024)
- Integral LCD heater and anti-reflective (AR) coating
- High bright and NVIS compatible backlight
- Brightness 315 fL
- Contrast 350:1
- On-board temperature monitoring
- Input video support for CRT stroke/raster, with optional expansion to standard analog (VGA) and digital video (DVI); as well as, ARINC-818 fiber
- Bezel with 20 user defined snap dome switches, on/off rocker switch, brightness rocker switch, contrast rocker switch, bezel nomenclature, BITE Indicator, NVIS compatible illumination
- MIL-STD-704A Input Power: 115LN‐200LLVAC 400‐800Hz Single Phase up to 120 Watts
- Conduction cooled
- Operating temperature: ‐40°C to +85°C
- MIL-STD 810F; MIL-STD 461E; MIL-STD 3009
- Environmentally sealed forced-air cooled chassis with standard aircraft mechanical mounts
Founded in 1946, Industrial Electronic Engineers, IEE, is a trusted provider of enhanced displays for military, industrial and retail applications. From rapid prototyping of custom designs to full-scale production runs, IEE’s 130,000 sq. ft. factory in Van Nuys, CA produces innovative displays with advanced features like multi-mode backlighting, optically bonded touch screens and lightweight, ruggedized enclosures. IEE’s direct control of critical process steps reduces costs, decreases production lead times and improves life cycle management. IEE display products are found in virtually every environment and application worldwide. For more information call 800-422-0867 or visit http://ieeinc.com/.
Get our updates: http://www.linkedin.com/company/industrial-electronic-engineers
Follow us at: http://twitter.com/IEEdisplays
Become a fan: http://www.facebook.com/IEEdisplays
Nancy King, 310-433-9966