Honda Canada Celebrates Second Consecutive Year of Record Annual Auto Sales
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
Honda Canada Inc. today reported an annual sales increase of 3% in 2015, on sales of 177,506 units by the Honda and Acura divisions combined, for the best annual sales in company history. Honda Automobile Division annual sales reached 156,503 units in 2015, up 2% over last year and an all-time annual sales record for the division. The Acura Division reported an increase of 8% on annual sales of 21,003 units, which is the brand’s best annual result in the past 10 years.
“2015 was a momentous year for Honda, as we sold more vehicles to Canadian customers than any previous year in our history, including the Honda Civic, Canada’s best-selling passenger vehicle for the 18th consecutive year. Our success was achieved by focusing on our customers, providing a robust vehicle line-up that appeals to a wide variety of Canadians,” said Dave Gardner, senior vice president of operations, Honda Canada Inc. “As our loyal customers are a key pillar of our success, we’d like to thank the thousands of Canadians who supported Honda and Acura this past year.”
“Honda also celebrated the hard work and dedication of generations of manufacturing associates in 2015, as the company built its seven-millionth vehicle in Canada in March. This many vehicles built by Canadians, for Canadians at Honda’s manufacturing facility in Alliston, Ontario, is definitely worth recognizing,” added Gardner.
2015 Honda Canada Inc. highlights
- Honda Canada had its best year in company history in 2015 with 177,506 sales versus the previous all-time record year in 2014 with 172,426 sales.
- 2015 sales represent the fourth consecutive year of annual HCI sales increases.
- Honda brand had its best year in company history with 156,503 sales versus the previous all-time record year in 2014 with 152,893 sales.
- Honda Division celebrates four consecutive years of annual sales increases.
- Honda Civic remains in top position as Canada’s best-selling passenger car in Canada for the 18th consecutive year.
- Honda CR-V had its best year ever with 38,961 sales versus the previous best in 2014 with 37,684 sales.
- Honda Pilot set an annual record with sales of 8,230 units versus 6,356 units in 2013.
- Acura brand posts best annual sales results in the past 10 years.
- 2015 sales represent the fourth consecutive year of annual Acura Division sales increases.
- Acura RDX had its best year ever with 7,380 units versus the previous best in 2014 with 6,557.
Honda Canada Inc. was founded in 1969. It has produced more than seven million cars and trucks since 1986 at its two manufacturing facilities and builds engines at a third manufacturing plant in Alliston, Ontario. Both manufacturing facilities are extremely flexible and currently build Honda Civic and CR-V models. Honda Canada has invested more than $3.9 billion in Canada and each year it sources nearly $2.1 billion in goods and services from Canadian suppliers. Honda Canada has sold more than four million Honda and Acura passenger cars and light-duty trucks in Canada.
|HONDA CANADA INC.||HONDA CANADA INC.|
|RETAIL SALES – MTD||RETAIL SALES – YTD|
|MODEL||2015||2014||% Change||Model||2015||2014||% Change|
|HONDA division||10,088||11,934||-15.5%||HONDA division||156,503||152,893||2.4%|
|ACURA division||1,630||1,884||-13.5%||ACURA division||21,003||19,533||7.5%|
|Honda Canada Inc.||11,718||13,818||-15.2%||Honda Canada Inc.||177,506||172,426||2.9%|
Laura Heasman, 905-888-4586