Global Leaders to Meet at Economic Summit Ahead of the Pan Am Games
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
On occasion of the 2015 Pan Am and Parapan American Games, the International Economic Forum of the Americas (IEFA) will host a special Pan American Edition of the Toronto Global Forum, under the theme Creating Opportunities in a Connected World. This 9th edition of the Toronto Global Forum, presented by Cogeco Data Services, will bring together more than 100 speakers and 2,800 delegates representing more than 40 countries.
Among the attendees will be many leading figures from the business world, heads of state, and numerous representatives of the federal and provincial governments, international organizations, and civil society.These senior executives will address important issues such as economic growth, disruptive technologies, infrastructure development, geopolitics and energy, the new world energy map, changing global trade routes, and the new era of manufacturing.
|Date:||July 8-10, 2015|
|Place:||Fairmont Royal York Hotel|
|100 Front Street West, Toronto, Ontario|
|Themes:||Wednesday, July 8 – Global Economy | Finance | Innovation|
|Thursday, July 9 – Energy | Natural Resources | Infrastructure|
|Friday, July 10 – Manufacturing | International Trade | Governance|
– Dominic Barton, global managing director, McKinsey & Company
– Daniel Servitje, chairman and chief executive officer, Grupo Bimbo
– Shimon Peres, former president, Israel
– Kathleen Wynne, Premier of Ontario
– Lisa Raitt, Minister of Transport, Canada
– Luis Almagro, Secretary General, Organization of American States (OAS)
– Thomas J. Donohue, President and CEO, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
– Ben van Beurden, CEO, Royal Dutch Shell
– Louis Audet, President and CEO, Cogeco Inc. and Cogeco Cable Inc.
– Irene Garrido, Chairwoman, Instituto de Crédito Oficial
– Sergio Marchionne, CEO, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles; and Chairman, Ferrari
– Douglas Hodge, CEO, Pacific Investment Management Company (PIMCO)
– Joseph Hooley, Chairman and CEO, State Street Corporation
– Mark Wiseman, President and CEO, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board
– Donald Walker, Chief Executive, Magna International
– Arnold Donald, President and CEO, Carnival Corporation
For more information about the Toronto Global Forum, to apply for media accreditation, or to arrange an interview with a conference speaker, please contact Greg Vanier (firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-797-8194). For the program and list of confirmed speakers, please see the Conference’s Web site: http://forum-americas.org/toronto.
Global Public Affairs
Greg Vanier, 416-797-8194