GE Introduces 80-Gallon GeoSpring™ Hybrid Electric Water Heater, Made in Louisville, Ky.
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
GE (NYSE:GE) is expanding its family of ENERGY STAR®-qualified GeoSpring™ hybrid electric heat pump water heaters to include an 80-gallon unit that will exceed the U.S. Department of Energy’s new energy efficiency standards for all electric water heaters larger than 55 gallons. The new mandate will take effect in April 2015.1
GE has expanded its line of GeoSpring™ hybrid electric heat pump water heaters to include an 80-gallon unit that will exceed new energy efficiency standards. (Photo: GE)
The 80-gallon GeoSpring will clock in as the most efficient way to heat water and is ideal for homes over 3,000 square feet or homes that have more than 3.5 baths.
“The new 2015 GeoSpring line up is 67 percent more efficient than a standard electric water heater,”said Francois Lebrasseur, marketing manager for GE Water Products. “Most consumers are not aware that with the GeoSpring’s advanced heat pump technology, they can cut their water heating expenses by more than a half.*”
Other GeoSpring features:
- Includes the same water and electrical connections as a standard electric water heater, making it easy to install.
- Boasts an energy factor of 2.9, exceeding U.S. Department of Energy’s 2015 energy-efficiency standards.
- Saves the average household $376 every year compared to a standard electric water heater*
- Provides the same amount of hot water as a traditional 80-gallon standard electric water heater.
- Operates in heap pump mode at an ambient temperature down to 35 degrees F, helping homeowners save on energy even during the colder months.
- Offers exclusive features, such as vacation mode, which will lower the water temperature to 50 degrees for the duration of a trip, and then automatically reenergize itself the day before the homeowner’s return.
- Allows consumers to adjust the temperature setting in one-degree increments from 100 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
- An optional Connect Plus module part # PBX10W00Y0 lets homeowners adjust the temperature of their water heater from their phone, plus schedule the vacation mode while they are away to save energy.
- An optional ducting kit part # GVK8HS provides flexibility of installation in living areas and confined spaces for maximum comfort, enabling widespread consumer adoption of this efficient technology.
Production for the new 80-gallon model (GEH80DFEJSR), with an MSRP of $1,899**, has started in the first quarter of 2015 in Louisville, Ky., and will be available in April 2015. For local utility incentives and zip code-enabled Rebate Finder, visit www.GeoSpring.com.
About GE Appliances
GE Appliances is at the forefront of building innovative, energy-efficient appliances that improve people’s lives. GE Appliances’ products include refrigerators, freezers, cooking products, dishwashers, washers, dryers, air conditioners, water filtration systems and water heaters. General Electric (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter to build a world that works better. For more information on GE Appliances, visit www.ge.com/appliances.
1 Residential Water Heaters. U.S. Department of Energy.http://www1.eere.energy.gov/buildings/appliance_standards/product.aspx/productid/27. Accessed on Sept. 17, 2013. Requires electric water heaters above 55 gallons to have an Energy Factor of approximately 2.0.
* Based on DOE test procedure and comparison of a 50-gallon standard electric tank water heater using 4646 kWh per year vs. the GE GeoSpring Hybrid Electric Water Heater using 1514 kWh per year and national average electricity rate of 12 cents per kWh.
** Resellers set their own retail prices.
Kim Freeman, 502-452-7819