Cubic to Showcase Innovative and Interoperable Air Combat Training Solutions at Farnborough 2016
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
Cubic Global Defense (CGD), a business unit of Cubic Corporation (NYSE: CUB), today announced it will feature how its industry-leading Air Combat Maneuvering Instrumentation (ACMI) systems combines with other Cubic solutions to bridge the gap between today’s air combat training and next-generation Live, Virtual and Constructive (LVC) training at the Farnborough International Airshow 2016 in the United Kingdom from July 11 – 15. The bi-annual Farnborough Airshow is recognized as one of the world’s largest showcases for the aerospace industry with a diverse range of exhibitors from space, civil, defense, manufacturing technology, rotary as well as maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO).
“Cubic continues to advance our air instrumentation systems to deliver effective and interoperable training to our customers as we work with our industry and military partners to achieve full-spectrum LVC training,” said Dave Buss, president of Cubic Global Defense. “The air combat training solutions featured at Farnborough will showcase how Cubic is transforming the current traditional training methodologies to solve interoperability deficiencies between the F-35 and different generations of weapon systems.”
Cubic will feature the following air combat training solutions:
- F-35 P5 Internal Subsystem: The next-generation Air Combat Training System (ACTS) for the JSF is the F-35 P5 Internal Subsystem (IS). Unlike previous wing-mounted ACTS pods, this secure and internal training solution allows the F-35 to retain low-observable characteristics while training on current and planned P5 ranges or in an un-tethered mode.
- Cubic Miniature Encryptor (CME): Cubic’s CME is a multi-level encryptor developed to solve the information assurance and training interoperability deficiencies between fourth- and fifth-generation aircraft. The CME provides a low-cost, low-risk, form-fit addition to legacy P5 pods and training range ground stations.
- Bandit Board: The Cubic Bandit Board is an integrated low-cost tactical training capability that transmits the live P5 Combat Training System (P5 CTS) display onto a kneeboard tablet of a pilot in an aggressor “Red Air” aircraft. With this innovative enhancement, “Red Air” now has a high-fidelity, real-time picture of all players in a combat training exercise, transforming a second- or third-generation aircraft into a formidable opponent.
- P5 Combat Training System (CTS/TCTS): P5 CTS is the U.S. Department of Defense and multiple international Air Forces’ aircraft instrumentation solution that relays Time, Space, and Positioning Information (TSPI) between participating aircraft and range systems while internally recording weapon events during training sorties. This ACTS enables real-time, live monitoring and recorded mission data of air-to-air, air-to-ground and surface-to-air training scenarios for post mission analysis.
- Secure LVC Advanced Training Solutions: As the industry System Integrator for the Air Force Research Lab’s Secure LVC Advanced Training Environment (SLATE) Advanced Technology Demonstration (ATD), Cubic will support the development and demonstration of a new secure waveform with tactical aircraft and range ground stations as part of a LVC system for air combat training.
Attendees can visit Cubic in Trade Show Hall #2, Booth #C2 at the Farnborough Airport, Hampshire, United Kingdom. Follow Cubic Global Defense at @CubicDefense and join the conversation with #FIA16.
About Cubic Corporation
Cubic Corporation designs, integrates and operates systems, products and services focused in the transportation, defense training and secure communications markets. As the parent company of two major business units, Cubic’s mission is to increase situational awareness and understanding for customers worldwide. Cubic Transportation Systems is a leading integrator of payment and information technology and services to create intelligent travel solutions for transportation authorities and operators. Cubic Global Defense is a leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. For more information about Cubic, please visit the company’s website at www.cubic.com or on Twitter @CubicCorp.
Laura Chon, +1 858-505-2181