CORRECTING and REPLACING SALT Introduces a Safe Gun to Enable a Safer Home and a Safer Country
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
First paragraph, last sentence of release dated October 28, 2015 should read: As part of its “for us, by us” approach, SALT is now accepting pre-orders on its website http://www.saltsupply.com.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20151028005037/en/
SALT, a new Chicago-based company, today announced the launch of a new safe gun for a safer America. (Photo: Business Wire)
In the paragraph after the bullet points, the second sentence should read: The Company will be taking preorders at its website (http://www.saltsupply.com), and product will be available as early as December 2015.
The corrected release reads:
SALT INTRODUCES A SAFE GUN TO ENABLE A SAFER HOME AND A SAFER COUNTRY
A Safe Gun That Finally Provides an Alternative to the Traditional Firearm in the Home and a New Perspective on the Country’s Gun Violence Debate
SALT, a new Chicago-based company whose mission is to keep American households safe through firearm alternatives, today announced the launch of its first completely redesigned gun of the same name. SALT is a completely new type of gun built with the sole mission of protecting the people you love through self-defense that does not have to take a life in order to protect a life. As part of its “for us, by us” approach, SALT is now accepting pre-orders on its website http://www.saltsupply.com.
Instead of lead bullets, SALT shoots a round filled with a proprietary, powdered chemical that explodes on contact in a cloud that immediately incapacitates a would-be attacker. SALT rounds cause temporary debilitation, including blindness, lung constriction and intense contact irritation, all without permanent harm. This single redesign allows SALT to stop an intruder while also protecting the members of a household from the fatal accidents that all too often accompany a traditional firearm.
Founders Adam Kennedy and Andy McIntosh were inspired to create SALT after a fatal shooting killed a young man just steps from their Chicago homes in 2014.
“After witnessing the tragedy that a misused firearm can inflict, we did some research and found that while 70 percent of firearms are purchased to protect people against crime, those same firearms in the home are 22 times more likely to kill or injure those who live in a house than they are to be used for self-defense,” said Adam Kennedy, founder and creator of SALT. “That’s thousands of lives lost each year to a firearm that was bought to protect the ones it kills. We wanted to keep our families safe and protected, and we figured there had to be a better way. By completely rethinking what makes a gun a gun, SALT helps keep the ones you love safe from both intruders and themselves.”
The SALT Approach to a Safer Home and Safer America
SALT’s sole mission is to keep the people you love safe. To accomplish that, SALT began by designing against the long held belief that a firearm must take a life in order to protect a life. The result is a completely new idea that can both protect individuals from an intruder as well as the fatal accidents that all to often accompany a traditional firearm in the home. By removing the lethality from the firearm, SALT also removed the gun’s ability to be fatally used outside of the home in the increasing epidemic of mass shootings in the country.
Key product attributes include:
- Non-lethal: The number one design goal was to have SALT stop an intruder without adding danger to one’s family in case of an accidental shooting. SALT rounds explode on impact in a cloud that causes crippling temporarily symptoms, but no one in your family is in lethal danger if an accident happens or if someone in your family unintentionally finds and fires it. SALT rounds are made with a powerful powdered toxin instead of lead bullets.
- Effective: SALT’s unique powder round has been designed with maximum stopping power specially formulated for home defense applications. In most instances, the SALT formulation exceeds the potency of that commonly used in military and law enforcement applications. Generally the response time is within seconds and the effects gradually diminish over 15-30 minutes depending on the exposure time and amount. Effects can last up to 50 minutes.
- Offense & Defense: The best home invasion is one that never happens. SALT was designed to provide the offense of a firearm, but more importantly, the defensive power to never have to be directly in harm’s way. So if an intruder is kicking down your door, SALT allows you to shoot the area around it, creating a chemical barrier between you and the intruder before the danger is ever a threat.
- User Friendly: The people who need protecting the most are often too scared to use the power of a traditional firearm because black powder is an incredibly loud and violent propellant. SALT was designed to be easy to use by replacing the bang of black powder with the power of compressed air. The result is a fear-free user experience, because the best weapon is the one that gets used.
- Unique: SALT provides a unique solution between a traditional firearm and short-range pepper spray and tasers. Firearms are not ideal for the home environment, as they kill more people than they save. Tasers and pepper sprays only work when the danger is right in front of the victim. SALT provides a safe, effective and long-range alternative.
Production for SALT guns began in September 2015. The Company will be taking preorders at its website (http://www.saltsupply.com), and product will be available as early as December 2015.
SALT was founded with the mission to keep the people you love safe by offering firearm alternatives for the home. Founders Adam Kennedy and Andy McIntosh were inspired to create SALT after the growing firearm violence in Chicago resulted in a fatal shooting that killed a young man just steps from their Chicago homes. By offering a one-of-a-kind safe gun to consumers, SALT hopes to bring a middle ground to the debate between gun control and gun rights. For more information please visit SALT at SaltSupply.com.
Heath Meyer, 858-768-1527