Behavior Modification Wearable Wins Inaugural Logic PD Digital Product Innovation Challenge
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
Logic PD, a complete product lifecycle solutions company for the digital world, has announced the completion of its inaugural Digital Product Innovation Challenge! A six-week mini-MBA program that took participants through Logic PD’s accelerated Digital Product Management Curriculum culminated on Nov. 19 at a banquet where the winners were announced.
The grand prize winner of the six-week program is HabitAware, a behavior modification wearable that alerts the user when they are performing nervous or anxious behaviors. Born from the developer’s personal struggle, the device helps individuals with Trichotillomania and other body-focused repetitive behaviors (BFRB) by creating awareness of the undesirable action. Used on its own or to augment a standard Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) program, the device helps users re-train their brain and break themselves of their habitual behaviors. As the grand prize winner, HabitAware received $15,000 to put towards bringing the product to market in 2016.
“With the help of Logic PD mentors in key fields including design, manufacturing and marketing, we were able to refine and articulate a more compelling value proposition and are confident in our go-to market strategy and product roadmap moving forward,” said Aneela Idnani Kumar, co-founder of HabitAware. “We plan to launch HabitAware in 2016 and the prize money is going to help us complete a prototype in early next year.”
The second place project protects users from the harmful effects of the sun. Developed by Stella Wearables, the wearable device complemented by an app uses the individual’s customized profile to know when he/she is being overexposed to UV rays.
Projects by the remaining teams were:
- First Source Trading created solar collection mini-blinds which are a subtle and aesthetically pleasing way to help homes and businesses become more energy efficient while being able to monitor their power generation and usage.
- Qopo created a smart wake up lamp that uses light to smoothly wake up individuals. The light learns from the habits of the user, detects when the individual gets out of bed and can also be synchronized with calendar apps.
- Stromex created a home physical therapy device that allows post-operation patients the convenience and comfort of rehabilitating at home, while still being monitored remotely by a doctor and/or physical therapist via collected data that communicates directly with the patient’s health record.
“We are so fortunate to have been able to work with start-ups and small businesses and help provide them with the resources and tools they need to build a digital business plan,” said Jason Voiovich, chief customer officer, Logic PD. “Through the Challenge and its curriculum, we look forward to seeing how each of our teams grow their product idea into a successful digital business.”
Following the sessions, teams presented their business blueprint to a panel of local experts representing key elements of a digital product launch. Winners were selected based on the blueprint that presents a digital product most likely to launch, and deliver the highest ROI.
Judges for this year’s program consisted of:
- Shaye Mandle, CEO and President of LifeScience Alley
- Stephen R. Baird, Chair, Intellectual Property Department at Winthrop & Weinstine, P.A.
- Tim Blotz, Anchor/Reporter at KMSP-TV (Fox 9)
- Toby Nord, Professional Director of Carlson Ventures Enterprise at the University of Minnesota
- Lisa Walker, Vice President of Product Support Services at Logic PD
About Logic PD
Logic PD (www.logicpd.com, www.logicpdinsights.com) collaborates with clients to help them throughout the complete product lifecycle to accelerate their growth and capture value Logic PD provides services at any stage in the product lifecycle by helping customers understand their business, user and technology needs and specializing in helping them meet digital business requirements. With services in analytics and research; design, engineering and manufacturing; and product support services, Logic PD helps its clients identify opportunities, reduce risk, and control costs to deliver innovative products to market faster. The company is headquartered in Minneapolis, with offices in Boston and San Diego.
Editor’s Note: To learn more about the program, the curriculum or participant projects, please contact Kim Davis at 612.436.9701 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Kim Davis, 612-436-9701
Director, Corporate Communications