BDO USA, LLP to Expand Boston Practice Through the Addition of Feeley & Driscoll, P.C.
By Business Wire News
BDO USA, LLP, one of the nation’s leading professional service organizations, today announced it has entered into an agreement to expand its Boston practice through the addition of 105 staff, including 15 partners, from Feeley & Driscoll, P.C. Founded in 1974, Feeley & Driscoll is consistently ranked among the top firms in the New England region. The firm serves privately-held businesses in various industries, with a strong concentration of clients in the construction, healthcare, professional services, manufacturing and distribution industries. The combination of BDO and Feeley & Driscoll, which is expected to bring total BDO staff in greater Boston to 267, is subject to customary closing conditions and is expected to be completed on May 1, 2016.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160115005031/en/
Wayne Berson, BDO USA CEO (Photo: Business Wire)
“I look forward to welcoming the partners and staff of Feeley & Driscoll to the BDO family. This is an important addition, as it provides greater critical mass in the important Boston market. Combined with other additions around the country, BDO has expanded into 20 new cities and added to our critical mass in 12 existing markets over the past three years,” said Wayne Berson, CEO of BDO USA. “Feeley & Driscoll’s entrepreneurial culture is a natural fit for BDO and should make the integration with our existing Boston practice as seamless as possible.”
“Feeley & Driscoll is a very successful firm with a proud history of serving entrepreneurial businesses in the Boston market for more than 40 years. In order to achieve the next level of growth and service our expanding clients, we decided it was imperative for us to join a firm that provides a national and global platform. In joining BDO USA, we feel we’ve found that firm,” said Michael Poirier, Co-Managing Partner of Feeley & Driscoll. “Our clients will still receive the local, hands-on service they have always valued from our firm and the people they know, but will now have access to a wider array of services – including SEC representation, broad industry experience and the resources of BDO’s extensive global network. These expanded resources will help our clients grow and become even more successful. Equally important, our staff will now have access to many more opportunities to pursue career growth.”
Michael Poirier will serve as co-assurance managing partner along with BDO’s current assurance managing partner, Catherine Moy, in the combined Boston practice. Current BDO partner, Ed Smith, will continue as tax managing partner for the combined practice.
Going forward, BDO plans to consolidate its offices into one Boston location. In the interim, the firms will maintain the two existing Boston office locations (current contact information below):
BDO USA, LLP
Feeley & Driscoll, P.C.
|Two International Place||200 Portland Street|
|Boston, MA 02110||Boston, MA 02114|
|Phone: 617-422-0700||Phone: 617-742-7788|
- Over the past three years, BDO has expanded rapidly, entering 20 new cities and adding critical mass in 12 existing markets.
- BDO represents companies ranging from closely-held private businesses to leading non-profits to Fortune 500 multinationals.
- BDO USA has industry practices specialized in serving businesses in the construction, energy, financial institutions, asset management, government contracting, healthcare, insurance, manufacturing, nonprofit, private equity, real estate, restaurant, retail and technology sectors.
- For two consecutive years (2013-2014), BDO USA has gained more SEC audit clients than any other accounting firm (source – Audit Analytics).
- BDO has been named a Best Company by Working Mother Magazine for five consecutive years and been recognized with the When Work Works Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility for six consecutive years.
- BDO has 64 offices and more than 400 independent alliance firm locations around the country.
- BDO USA has been serving clients for more than 100 years since its founding in 1910 (as Seidman & Seidman).
- As an independent member of BDO International Limited, the firm can leverage the resources of more than 1,300 member firm offices in over 150 countries around the world. BDO was named the 2015 Network of the Year by International Accounting Bulletin.
About BDO USA
BDO is the brand name for BDO USA, LLP, a U.S. professional services firm providing assurance, tax, financial advisory and consulting services to a wide range of publicly traded and privately held companies. For more than 100 years, BDO has provided quality service through the active involvement of experienced and committed professionals. The firm serves clients through more than 60 offices and more than 400 independent alliance firm locations nationwide. As an independent Member Firm of BDO International Limited, BDO serves multi-national clients through a global network of more than 1,300 offices in over 150 countries.
BDO USA, LLP,a Delaware limited liability partnership, is the U.S. member of BDO International Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, and forms part of the international BDO network of independent member firms. BDO is the brand name for the BDO network and for each of the BDO Member Firms. For more information please visit: www.bdo.com.
Jerry Walsh, 631-419-9008
- European Material Handling Equipment Market Report 2015-2019 – Rising Adoption of Material Handling Equipment in Various Industries / Rising Synchronization Between Systems – Research and Markets
- India Industrial Gases Market, 2010 – 2020: Rising Competition Among Local & Major Players – Research and Markets