Avnet to Host Annual Partner Summit with a Focus on Emerging Technologies
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), a leading global technology distributor, will hold its second annual invitation-only Avnet Technology Solutions Partner Summit, November 9-12, 2015, at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort and Spa in Chandler, Ariz. This year’s summit will bring together Avnet partners and suppliers from companies that span the entire Avnet Technology Solutions, Americas line card, as well as dozens of industry leaders, to share their perspective of the evolving IT landscape. Key topics to be discussed within general sessions, breakout discussions and executive meetings throughout the week will include emerging technologies, such as big data and analytics, cloud computing, converged infrastructure solutions, mobility and IT services. Specific sessions will include the following:
- Modernizing the IT Infrastructure
- Leading with Security Can be Smart Business
- Data Analytics: Kick-Start Your Practice
- Mapping Your Strategy for Profiting from the Hybrid Cloud
- The Opportunity Behind the Internet of Things
“Every day our industry proves that with innovation – be it in technologies, business models or buying habits – comes opportunity, and the Avnet Partner Summit provides the ideal forum for our partner and supplier ecosystem to mine these opportunities,” said Gavin Miller, vice president of marketing for Avnet Technology Solutions, Americas. “We like to say ‘Ideas Never Rest’ and neither does technology innovation. As new consumption models continue to drive IT growth, supporting technologies like storage, security and converged infrastructure continue to deliver value while 3rd Platform technologies take wing. Just like our industry, Avnet’s summit will feature new ideas put into motion.”
The Avnet Partner Summit will spotlight an array of guest speakers who are not only industry leaders, but agents of transformational change who can offer expert insights on specific ways partners can keep their businesses relevant and positioned for growth. The following keynote speakers will be featured:
- Guy Kawasaki – He is the chief evangelist of Canva, a graphics-design online service, and an executive fellow at the Haas School of Business at U.C. Berkeley. Formerly, Kawasaki was an advisor to the Motorola business unit of Google and chief evangelist of Apple.
- Frank Gens – He is a senior vice president and chief analyst for industry analyst firm IDC. Gens guides IDC’s research into broad IT industry trends, particularly the strategic adoption of technology by Global 2000 businesses and the industries in which they compete.
- Haley Ercanbrack – She is an adventurer and mountain climber. While on her April 25, 2015, ascent of Mount Everest, an hour below her targeted base camp, a 7.8-magnitude earthquake shook the mountain, stranding Ercanbrack and her climbing teammates at 22,000 feet.
“Our organization found great value in our participation at Avnet’s Partner Summit last year, and we look forward to this year’s event even more so,” said Jaime Gmach, president of Evolving Solutions, an IT infrastructure solution provider and Avnet partner. “The event provides us the opportunity to speak directly with senior executives and decision makers from both Avnet and key suppliers, gain key business insight from industry thought leaders, and secure and strengthen relationships in an environment designed for conversation.”
Avnet partners can learn more about the invitation-only Avnet Partner Summit by viewing this short video. In addition, partners looking for more information about the conference can email email@example.com. This year’s summit will take place from Monday, November 9 through Thursday, November 12, at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort and Spa. A golf tournament will be held on Thursday, November 12, at nearby Whirlwind Golf Club. The Avnet Partner Summit features an agenda filled with relevant content sessions and speakers for the benefit of Avnet’s partners and suppliers. Avnet partners will be welcomed to join the many conversations that will transpire during this action-packed event.
Connect with Avnet Technology Solutions on LinkedIn: Avnet Technology Solutions.
For more information on Avnet Technology Solutions, please visit ats.avnet.com.
All brands and trade names are trademarks or registered trademarks, and are the properties of their respective owners. Avnet disclaims any proprietary interest in marks other than its own.
About Avnet, Inc.
From components to cloud and design to disposal, Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT) accelerates the success of customers who build, sell and use technology globally by providing them with a comprehensive portfolio of innovative products, services and solutions. Avnet is a Fortune 500 company with revenues of $27.9 billion for the fiscal year 2015. For more information, visit www.avnet.com.
Brodeur Partners, for Avnet, Inc.
Marcia Chapman, 480-308-0284