Avery Dennison Retail Branding and Information Solutions Enhances the Consumer Experience at NRF 2016
By Business Wire News
By Business Wire News
Avery Dennison Retail Branding and Information Solutions (RBIS) (NYSE: AVY), a global leader in apparel, footwear and RFID-enabled solutions, attended the 2016 National Retail Federation’s (NRF) 105th Annual Convention and EXPO yesterday at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City. Avery Dennison RBIS also showcased its latest products, services and RFID technologies at NRF’s EXPO hall. The demonstration featured the impact of RFID on inventory accuracy on the retail consumer experience, a sneak peek of its upcoming printer series, in addition to an interactive smart mirror demonstration, in collaboration with Oak Labs. Furthermore, Avery Dennison RBIS hosted a BIG !deas panel discussion on RFID technology and the impact on consumer experience, moderated by Fast Company and featuring industry experts from Rebecca Minkoff and adidas.
Avery Dennison is invested in RFID technology as a way to change the future of retail by delivering a seamless consumer experience and increasing sales and profits in a time when consumers are more informed, empowered and demanding than ever before. As the lines between the physical and digital world blur, brands must differentiate themselves to encourage customer loyalty – and RFID serves as a key enabler in improving the retail consumer experience.
“Technology has drastically enhanced the consumer experience and RFID is at the forefront of this change,” notes Francisco Melo, vice president, Global RFID for Avery Dennison. “From item-level visibility to smart mirrors, RFID has helped to transform the traditional brick-and-mortar storefronts into interactive digital spaces, seamlessly integrating technology that improves the retail experience for shoppers and retail associates.”
Avery Dennison RBIS hosted the BIG !deas panel discussion yesterday, January 18 from 11:00–11:45am. The panel, titled “Merging the Physical and Digital World to Enhance Consumer Experience,” focused on how RFID technology is improving the consumer experience in retail. Panelists discussed topics ranging from on-floor availability and stock accuracy to the ever-increasing impact of omni-channel and the growing trend for in-store interactive experiences being used by brands to differentiate themselves in the marketplace.
The panel was moderated by Neal Ungerleider, writer at Fast Company, who was joined by top retail and RFID experts, including:
- Uri Minkoff, co-founder and CEO, Rebecca Minkoff
- Tobias Steinhoff, senior director of Business Solutions, adidas
- Francisco Melo, vice president Global RFID, Avery Dennison
- Dr. Bill Hardgrave, dean and Wells Fargo professor Herbert College of Business, Auburn University
For more information, follow Avery Dennison RFID on Twitter at @AvyDenRFID.
Avery Dennison presented its newest solutions at NRF’s EXPO in Booth 3352. The booth allowed participants to journey through an interactive consumer experience, showcasing how Avery Dennison’s integrated global solutions are essential to inventory optimization, supply chain agility and visibility across channels. The booth featured:
- The Consumer Journey
- Visitors learned how the consumer is at the center of everything Avery Dennison does. From global trend research, product and technology innovation, to the very latest in branding solutions and RFID technology – all driving toward the goal of an enhanced consumer experience.
- Printer Solutions
- Avery Dennison featured its 9419 In-Store Printer, set to release in spring 2016. The 9419, a new, innovative solution, creates branded tags for reticketing, shipping labels or in-store pick and pack.
- Price Management
- Via a hands-on experience, visitors learned how Avery Dennison price management solutions accelerate performance through integrated in-plant, distribution center and store-level solutions that reduce complexity, while improving speed and accuracy.
- Brand Protection & Loss Prevention
- Visitors also interacted with the latest globally available security solutions, including mobile device track-and-trace as well as theft recovery and anti-tamper pressure sensitive and RFID labels.
- Interactive Fitting Room Consumer Experience
- In collaboration with Oak Labs, Avery Dennison profiled the RFID Interactive Mirror, featuring the Oak Interactive Fitting Room, which gave attendees the opportunity to experience how RFID triggers the mirror in an interactive dressing room and drives item-level experiences. The smart mirror allows customers to request new sizes and accessories, and choose alternative lighting options, among other exciting features.
- Food Stock Accuracy and Visibility
- Avery Dennison highlighted the latest in fresh food RFID technology as well as conventional labeling technology via the Freshmarx 9417 automated date coding printer. Both solutions aim at improving fresh food stock accuracy and visibility, leading to reduced waste and increased profitability.
About Avery Dennison RBIS
Avery Dennison RBIS, a global leader in apparel and footwear industry solutions, is a $1.6 billion division of Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY). Avery Dennison RBIS provides intelligent, creative and sustainable solutions that elevate brands and accelerate performance throughout the global retail supply chain. We elevate brands through graphic tickets, tags and labels, embellishments and packaging solutions that enhance consumer appeal. We accelerate performance through RFID enabled inventory and loss prevention solutions, price management, global compliance, and brand security solutions. Based in Westborough, Massachusetts, Avery Dennison RBIS responsibly serves the global marketplace with operations in 115 locations, 50 countries, across 6 continents. For more information, visit averydennison.com/RBIS.
About Avery Dennison
Avery Dennison (NYSE:AVY) is a global leader in labeling and packaging materials and solutions. The company’s applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major market and industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers with insights and innovations that help make brands more inspiring and the world more intelligent. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.3 billion in 2014. For more information, visit www.averydennison.com.